• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

POLL: NFL Viewership Hasn't Rebounded After Anthem Protests

I think it's due to all the free advertising leveraction gives them.

Why, thank you FatAlbert. I guess it is like the ex-smoker who hates to be around smokers more than someone who never smoked hates to be around smokers. But atlas, as a veteran, I am a patriot first and foremost, so F*ck them very much. Why did this need to brought into the game? Any one that bothers to take an intellectually honest look at the statistics will learn that there is no basis to what they claim to be protesting. Protest all you want. Protest not being able to legally have sex with a goat in Walmart. I don't care. But I am not going to support "Your Cause" or pay to watch.

This NFL stuff was interesting, now it’s blah. I just don’t care anymore either way. Maybe I’ll watch, maybe not. Offer me good Falcon seats and I’m there!!!!!

More folks watching soccer ,this poll really doesn't mean anything,same poll taken before soccer started to become a reality in the nation would show that the NFL is still a widely watched sport

College ball has started as well as the Nascar final 10 races beginning and the end of baseball season,Fluke poll,but y'all do what ya think with sooth your ravaged minds here anyways ,so go to it,SMH

I dont like NFL anyway. College ball more my thing especially because I live in SEC country. The anthem thing certainly doesnt make me want to start watching. I do wonder how much of the decline in viewership has to do with the spike then decline of fantasy football/betting though. I think that may be a good explanation for declining viewers along with the kneeling thing.

“The largest group of fans that follows the game closely—men ages 50 and over, at 61%

Rather than politics,I think a lot of this is demographics as evidenced by this statement. Same for baseball. Yes, revenues and profits are at or near all-time highs. That's higher ticket prices (partially) and huge increases in TV and streaming money. A TV studio would sacrifice a child daily to to draw sports viewership numbers on a regular basis, so sports broadcasting contracts still bring in big money even as viewership and attendance drop. But the big reason it's dropping is us old farts are dying off. I've got a grandniece who plays softball and loves it, no interest in going to an MLB game from her or any of her teammates. My nephew's wife has a cousin who pitches in the majors, her kids have no interest ingoing to a game with free tickets and a chance to go into the clubhouse and dugout.

I don't know if it's other entertainment choices or what, but it's real. Demographic interests are going to drive a lot of changes in leisure activity that few can predict. That being said, it makes silly protests that drive off any fans you currently have even dumber,

They can all end up living under bridges and eating out of the trash bins for all I care. To many behave in the most immoral ways, and anyone who gives any credence to their opinions, just because they can run into each other on a field, is a fool.

People are generally less interested in watching sports now than they were 20+ years ago. The world is changing. I think it has little or nothing to do with protests. A football game (let alone baseball) is too long and boring for someone who grew up glued to an Ipad. Many young people (and older people have picked up on it) only stream online programming.

Back
Top Bottom