• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

poly 80/gen 3 glock 19 kicking brass into face

chucklenut

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
362   0
Reaction score
as title says; runs reliably but kicks brass to face

already swapped extractor with another gen 3 extractor and swapped ejector with a gen 4

what do??

I have one of the Polymer 80's in G19 but I have not had that problem. Not sure what it could be. I have one of Midways, Swenson slide and barrel on it with factory Glock trigger group. Mine has seemed to work fine.

Could be your kit had a gen 3 ejector. Swap it out with a gen 4 or 5. Mine was doing the same thing. Turns out it was my grip as it didn't do it for my son. I also changed the ejector and no longer have the problem.

Can you take a close up pic of your extractor claw like this pic? Also, check to make sure your e.d.p bearing is the correct one. For a gen 3 19 it needs to be black and have the thinner top like in the pic if you have an LCI extractor(loaded chamber indicator) and it needs to be fat top if a non LCI extractor(also make sure the tip of the bearing isn’t broken). The extractor claw would be easier to explain with a picture of yours. Neither of the things I’m thinking of would be likely, but I have seen it happen many times and they both can cause issues with extraction pattern/jamming. Sorry for long post.
A34348AD-8011-467A-8694-EE330A33E415.jpeg
1AD7AFB5-198B-4A2F-A82C-600F6265F8E5.jpeg

Can you take a close up pic of your extractor claw like this pic? Also, check to make sure your e.d.p bearing is the correct one. For a gen 3 19 it needs to be black and have the thinner top like in the pic if you have an LCI extractor(loaded chamber indicator) and it needs to be fat top if a non LCI extractor(also make sure the tip of the bearing isn’t broken). The extractor claw would be easier to explain with a picture of yours. Neither of the things I’m thinking of would be likely, but I have seen it happen many times and they both can cause issues with extraction pattern/jamming. Sorry for long post.
View attachment 2509919 View attachment 2509920
ill snap a photo once i get home

it could be just that

Could be your kit had a gen 3 ejector. Swap it out with a gen 4 or 5. Mine was doing the same thing. Turns out it was my grip as it didn't do it for my son. I also changed the ejector and no longer have the problem.
ya i already swapped the 336 ejector for a gen 4 one

Back
Top Bottom