• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

poly taurus 85

You guys keep buying Taurus if you like. I will stick with ruger and smith for revolvers. I dont like junk. I have not owned a Taurus auto but my brother has a 1911 Taurus that the safety fell off of while he was shooting it. The old Taurus revolvers 15 + years old are pretty good value for the money. what my uncle bought over the last 5 years no.
2 of the revolvers you could not extract the shells after firing. The other one the cylinder would bind. My Dad had a 605 that is maybe 6 years old that the screws walk out. That's 4 out of 4 bad guns not counting my 22 that the bullets tumble it is maybe 8 years old.
Screws walking out does not equate to a “bad gun” in any sense. If so I own a ton of ****ty knives, holsters, accessories, etc.
I had a judge that was ridiculously annoying to empty 410 shells. That doesn’t make it a bad gun either. Obviously it’s not going to be as smooth and refined as a Smith or Ruger, but if you thought it would be at a fraction of the price, that’s on you.

Screws walking out does not equate to a “bad gun” in any sense. If so I own a ton of ****ty knives, holsters, accessories, etc.
I had a judge that was ridiculously annoying to empty 410 shells. That doesn’t make it a bad gun either. Obviously it’s not going to be as smooth and refined as a Smith or Ruger, but if you thought it would be at a fraction of the price, that’s on you.

Yea in a firefight a gun you can't get the empty shells out of to reload is acceptable in what scenario? You keep buying Taurus. The reviews speak for themselves. I like firearms I can count on. Ever wonder why no law enforcement agencies use Taurus? Cause you can't trust them to work

Hey you should stop buying poor quality knives and holsters also. Well maybe not if you are going to carry a Taurus in the holster. And what kind of junk knife do the the screws come loose. I don't think i even own a knife that has a screw. Of course i buy quality knives.

Here are a few reviews from the Better Business Bureau web site

They do not answer any listed number. And after reading all these other reviews. I know why. I will take to every social media outlet I have and warn people of this horrible company. DO NOT GIVE THEM A DIME!

Was this review helpful? Yes No
Taurus International Manufacturing, Inc. 04/17/18
Steve Z.

Negative

Impossible to reach anyone at any of the Customer Service telephone menu selections. I tried every menu selection and listened to the same repetitive recording continuously, which is intentionally designed to make a person hang up or drive them insane. To date, more than 5 phone calls logging more that 180 minutes and zero prospects of getting repair information for my PT111G2. Certainly a sad state of affairs at Taurus Customer Service.

Taurus International Manufacturing, Inc. 04/16/18
Andy P.

Negative

I have tried to get through to the CS via phone and no one ever picks up. I then tried the chat line and got in touch with someone right away. I lost the tiny screw on the rear sight of a new Slim 709 and asked for a replacement. She said the screw cost $11. and some change and took my credit card number. Than the CS rep said they were out of stock and they had no idea when they would get more. Now, I think the 709 is still in production and has been for some time. It is almost impossible to think that a gun that is still in production has a back order on a small part. I like the pistol but the customer service and the availability of parts is a real draw back to ever buying another Taurus gun. I going now to jewelry shops to see if they have any tiny screws that would fit the gun. Until I get a replacement, the gun is out of service.

Taurus International Manufacturing, Inc. 04/10/18
ROBERT I.

Negative

The worst Customer Service in the firearm industry. It takes approx 12 to 60 minutes to get through to Customer Service. When you do, they do not follow through with the complaint. I have waiting for a return label for repair for six days with six calls into customer service. Every time I call, they say we will send you one, but it never comes. As a certified firearms instructor, I would never recommend a Taurus Product to a student.

Taurus International Manufacturing, Inc. 03/29/18
MICHAEL G.

Negative

I'm having the same problem with a PT111g2 that fails to feed and locks the gun up. I had the place where I purchased it send it back to Taurus on December 28th of last year. It's been almost 3 months and the service rep. told me it would take 12 weeks before I would my gun back. I will never buy anything with the name Taurus on it. When ever I get the gun back, I will get rid of it as fast as I can, that is if I can sell it, because I wouldn't trust my life with.
When I worked a LGS I had a few need to go to be repaired.
Always got CS on the phone quite quickly. Repairs were always fast and returned to the store.

Yea in a firefight a gun you can't get the empty shells out of to reload is acceptable in what scenario? You keep buying Taurus. The reviews speak for themselves. I like firearms I can count on. Ever wonder why no law enforcement agencies use Taurus? Cause you can't trust them to work
That statement belies your true intent. Firefight with a revolver is what you are banking on?

That’s is more from them being made outside the US.
Cheaper gun for those that cannot afford top of the line.
My TCP is one one of the better guns I have.
I own almost exclusively Sig in handguns. And I would trust that little mouse gun more than a 380 from sig.

That statement belies your true intent. Firefight with a revolver is what you are banking on?

That’s is more from them being made outside the US.
Cheaper gun for those that cannot afford top of the line.
My TCP is one one of the better guns I have.
I own almost exclusively Sig in handguns. And I would trust that little mouse gun more than a 380 from sig.

Yes Some times i carry a snub 357 and yes i want to be able to reload if necessary.

All the people who have had Taurus problems, do everyone a favor and list when the gun was made/when it was sent in. So much of the early stuff was hit and miss but lots of the new stuff has been good to go. I mean, everyone and their brother has a Gen 2 PT111 but I've yet to hear of any serious problems. The Gen 1 was again, hit or miss.

See above

See above
Taurus is a very old company.
When the Judge first came out the demand was very high and were pushed out way too fast.
Other revolvers suffered the same fate and the Taurus reputation suffered as well.
Their autos are their worst product, but one of the 24-7 series was actually tested by the military for use. Only a few manufactures can say that. I don’t like the triggers in any of their bigger autos. But they work. QC isn’t as good as the high end stuff hence more returns, but for the price that’s expected. Hell I had the most problems out of Kimber, we didn’t sell them and CS wouldn’t talk to us in the customers behalf, and the customers told us Kimbers answer was run X amount of ammo through the gun and get back with us. Hell how can you run ammo thru a gun that won’t cycle?
I’m not saying they are the best, just that with a little patience they can be a dependable option for self defense.

Back
Top Bottom