• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Poppin Tags at Goodwill - What is your best FIND EVER.

Man I would've been all over an OE Eight Ball t shirt! I used to hit the Goodwill stores in Macon and Warner Robins when I was big into old audio from the 70s. I kept thinking that if I searched long enough I'd find my unicorn vintage Marantz stereo receiver. But I eventually gave up on that.
My mom is still hardcore Goodwill. When I called her yesterday she was in the one in Madison. She tries to find the ones in the more affluent areas and hit them. She asked yesterday idf there was one on St Simons Island. Guess I need to find out.

There is not one on SSI.

Have her look up ones by the church though. Found my best deals there. People don't usually give their church crap. Lol

I have found a couple of good ones at antique sales. I have been doing this for years and know what I am looking at. I spotted a large wall mirror that some idiot had done their best Martha Stewart color job on with house paint and spray paint. They had painted it black and red with hand painted yellow flowers. I took one peak at the back and was high bidder at $25. I took it home and commenced carefully removing the paint from the front. It is a large wall mirror with gold gilded frame and mahogany with the large beveled mirror being stamped "sterling silver" on the back. The back of the frame is solid tongue and groove put together with hand cut nails. It's beautiful and hard to believe some idiot painted it.

Dillon 550 for $150 at an estate sale. Packed in the original box. The powder hopper was badly discolored, but everything was there. Sold it quickly.

Not necessarily Goodwill but probably my best find ever was a $5 N64 "game" at a flea market in Athens GA that was actually a test cartridge I sold to a Belgium guy for $500+. Funny thing was everything else the guy was selling was overpriced.

I always look out for "industrial" looking items. I was at a flea market last year and I came across a guy with this weird looking medical-type device. A Sybron Castle Ritter 800. My phone wasn't working worth a damn that day but he wanted $20 for it and it just had "that look" to it. I took the gamble.

Sold it to some tattoo artist in Chicago for $350.

Back
Top Bottom