• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Poppin Tags at Goodwill - What is your best FIND EVER.

Scored 3 new pairs of Carhartt lined jeans for 3 bucks a pair.

Not a bad score, but not as good as the G1 Navy Aviator jacket I got for 6 bucks. It was issued during the Korean was and looked new. The deal turned even sweeter when I found a diamond stud earring in one pocket. Checked, and it is real.

Reactions: MRH
Bought an old TV set to use in the garage. Small 12" screen old box size tv. It was really heavy. Paid $3. Took it home plugged it in and it would not work. So I took it apart to try and fix it.

Previous owner had removed the guts of the tv inside and was apparently using it as a makeshift safe. Inside I found a loaded Colt 70 Series 1911 Stainless and a Colt Python blues with some minor rusting.... awesome.... best find ever...except...yeah...no.... just kidding that never happened.

Bought an old TV set to use in the garage. Small 12" screen old box size tv. It was really heavy. Paid $3. Took it home plugged it in and it would not work. So I took it apart to try and fix it.

Previous owner had removed the guts of the tv inside and was apparently using it as a makeshift safe. Inside I found a loaded Colt 70 Series 1911 Stainless and a Colt Python blues with some minor rusting.... awesome.... best find ever...except...yeah...no.... just kidding that never happened.
Totally got me..LOL.

LOL! Man you had me hook, line and sinker!

I donate to goodwill and do not shop. I'd rather the items go to the less fortunate.

There are plenty of reasons why this doesn't relate to me. I found a WW2 book (The Filthy Thirteen) signed by the people in the book. It is one of my favorite books of all time and the people in it are legendary Americans. Who will appreciate that book more than I will? On the flip side, I would be willing to sacrifice that book for some historically ignorant person, and for them to read it and appreciate it would be well worth it to me, but what are the chances of that actually happening? Heck, the average Joe would not know that book from any other. I paid around $5, shipped.

I have read several great finds in this thread that the average person wouldn't know any different. That's their fault for not knowing and our gain. It's fair game.

The Goodwill on Moody in W.R. has a ton of surplus camo and combat boots if you look often enough. A lot of PCSing families drop off a lot of military gear there to rid themselves of it. I know I have bought several pairs of combat boots (with tags-unworn) there for $10 a pair. Bought a pair of Corcorans there. Brand new. The Goodwill on 96 by the theater is good too. Tons of mil gear there as well. Old Navy and Levis Jeans, sneaker for the kids, etc. Bought an "AquaLung" dive knife in sheath for 2 bucks there too. Tons of books at both of these 2 as well. God knows how many books I have bought at these 2.....

Habitat is a good haunt as well. Bought a dishwasher from the one on Watson before I moved to TN. 75 bucks and looked and worked better than the one it replaced. I hit the Habitat here in TN and got a DW for 50 bucks. Worked pretty good. Bought a handful of kitchen knives that said "Craftsman" on them. Never saw them before. 50 cents each.

I'm not a flipper, but I will hit the Goodwill/thrift stores. Been doing it since I was in highschool. There are treasures everywhere.

IMG_5401.JPG
Not GW... BUT I bought the Ithaca Shotgun I have listed, with a vintage bag, for $10 at a Korean Church Garage Sale... I kid you not...

Back
Top Bottom