• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Pork butt

hand pulled!

I’m lazy. I use one of these. Lol
upload_2021-5-27_21-32-28.jpeg

like that base on it, consider getting it as well but opted for the standard one
Yea, I wasn’t gonna spring the extra dollars but I was standing there debating back and forth with the sales guy about the difference in price. One of the managers ( I guess) there heard us talking and stepped in and said he could let me have it at half price if I wanted it. No brainer...SOLD

I have 2 butts I'll put on the smoker around 6 tonight. I'll pull them off around 8 in the morning. Shred them up and take a bag full of bbq out on the boat. I make some cole slaw to take along too. I take along soft taco size flours tortillas and make bbq and coleslaw soft tacos. It's great boat food. Very easy and not messy.

I have 2 butts I'll put on the smoker around 6 tonight. I'll pull them off around 8 in the morning. Shred them up and take a bag full of bbq out on the boat. I make some cole slaw to take along too. I take along soft taco size flours tortillas and make bbq and coleslaw soft tacos. It's great boat food. Very easy and not messy.
Sounds good to me.

I have a pit barrel smoker that produces excellent smoked food (anything), but is a pain in the butt trying to maintain temp. "Set it and forget it" ain't true.
Thinking about a pellet smoker but not convinced yet.

Have heard that a pellet smoker does not really impart as much or enough smoke flavor as a regular smoker.
Can any of you rectec owners tell me if this is true?

I have a pit barrel smoker that produces excellent smoked food (anything), but is a pain in the butt trying to maintain temp. "Set it and forget it" ain't true.

Have heard that a pellet smoker does not really impart as much or enough smoke flavor as a regular smoker.

felt the same way until I got the recteq, I am a believer!

Last weekend I smoked 2 bone-in port butts together on my AKORN Kamado Kooker ....... I cooked that at about 250f or about 7.5 hours..... In that last couple hours.. about 45 minutes apart, I soaked them with some nice Hard Apple Cider to enhance flavor and keep them moist.... Turned out great... Sorry I didn't take pics.

char-griller-kamado-grills-e6520-64_400.jpg

I’ve got an offset smoker, a Kamado smoker, and a Camp Chef pellet grill/smoker. I get absolutely as much smoke flavor as my non pellet smokers. In fact, sometimes I get too much on my Kamado. The trick is to set the temp to low and slow (or whatever the equivalent name is) and allow the smoke to do it’s job.

This is the last butt I did. Look at that smoke ring.

8B007D5D-67F6-4506-8F8A-7A9CD6F3AF5E.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom