• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Pork Butts at 1.99 per lb

It was a good weekend!!!

butt1.jpg

butt2.jpg

I bring the egg up to about 275 initially. I put the butt on and adjust the vents to start bringing the temp down to about 235 (it takes about an hour for the temp to drop). In that time, the rub caramelizes as the smoke permeates it. Then it stays on the grill until the internal temp is about 175 (takes about 7-8 hours). Once it reaches that, I wrap it in foil and add a little mix of an apple juice, vinegar and rub mix (about 1/4 cup) and set it back on until internal gets to 200 (another 90 minutes usually). Then I take if off, cover it with towels and let it rest for at least 90 minutes before pulling it. So yeah, about 12 hours. I was up at 0530 starting the grill Saturday. I think we ate at 7:30 or so.

I think one of the neatest things is pulling the bone, my kids love seeing it just fall out! :) You know it's gonna be gud!

I snagged the last 2 at my Kroger Saturday and 4 more yesterday. Plus I have a rain check to get more. Got up at 4:30 this morning and had 2 on the BGE by 5:10. 9 hours should be enough. Going to cover with foil and then wrap in some towels for a while.

Back
Top Bottom