Pork Chop experiment

GeauxLSU

Default rank 5000+ posts
Corn Pop
Staff member
Super Moderator
63   0
Reaction score
Where the stars at night are big and bright.
When I cook, I just tend to throw things together I like. Probably the Cajun in me.

It's getting to be that time, so looked around... current experiment...

Thin pork chops laid out in cast iron skillet, seasoned (Tony Chacere's) topped with a slice of onion topped with a slice of apple topped with a slice of sweet potato, topped with another seasoned chop. Covered, put in oven.

Results in about an hour and a half. I'll report back and see if the troops revolt.

Ok, I'm an idiot! :laugh: I drove about 1,000 miles yesterday (literally) and am dead beat. I was half awake (apparently). It wasn't pork chops, it was round steak! :doh: Sooooo.... yeah... obviously not the taste I was after :rolleyes: but hey, my VERY picky middle schooler ate it so I guess it was palatable. :becky:
But definitely needs to be pork.

When I cook, I just tend to throw things together I like. Probably the Cajun in me.

It's getting to be that time, so looked around... current experiment...

Thin pork chops laid out in cast iron skillet, seasoned (Tony Chacere's) topped with a slice of onion topped with a slice of apple topped with a slice of sweet potato, topped with another seasoned chop. Covered, put in oven.

Results in about an hour and a half. I'll report back and see if the troops revolt.
My wife knows when I have been watching "Chopped". I had leftover marinated chicken and a crap load of cherry tomatoes from a party this weekend. So... Cook the chicken with onions and garlic, add the tomatoes and some fresh basil from the garden to cream and I have "Chicken Capresi"...

Ok, I'm an idiot! :laugh: I drove about 1,000 miles yesterday (literally) and am dead beat. I was half awake (apparently). It wasn't pork chops, it was round steak! :doh: Sooooo.... yeah... obviously not the taste I was after :rolleyes: but hey, my VERY picky middle schooler ate it so I guess it was palatable. :becky:
But definitely needs to be pork.
Lol!

Back
Top Bottom