• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

POS Ford F150 Help

i hate when you try to be nice to a car with a fresh tune up and it fights you.

my only worry with getting to crazy trying to drill it out would be debris falling into the cylinder

i hate when you try to be nice to a car with a fresh tune up and it fights you.

my only worry with getting to crazy trying to drill it out would be debris falling into the cylinder

You try to be nice and this is what they do to you. I should have just did as I was intending to do and set it up as a trade in. But I wanted to get rid of the check engine light before hand and now I'm here. I was debating on drilling but don't think I want to go that route as it seems a bit extreme.

Ford recommended...

6754df5d80a63df2c86fdc904708a325.jpg

The last thing I want to do is remove the head. That will take me all of 2 days and about 36+ beers, plus I don't have all the knowledge to put it all back together. I can break stuff good but not put that stuff back together.

i would try the tool then. they are pricey, but cheaper than taking it to the shop. and dont worry, your new plugs wont be 2 piece. they fixed them. keep spraying penetrating oil down the hole till it arrives so hopefully it will work.

the key with removing the OEM ford 3v 2 peice of crap plugs is get your motor good and hot by driving like the cops are after ya, then pull the boots and spray the hell outta the plugs with penetrating oil...wait for it to cool a bit. then go slow, ever so slow, slow like a work van with 20 ladders in the fast lane slow, with a wrench on the plugs to back them out. very slow. alot of patience is needed here lol. popping and jerking bad, just be smooth and apply gradual pressure, back off then do it again.

i would try the tool then. they are pricey, but cheaper than taking it to the shop. and dont worry, your new plugs wont be 2 piece. they fixed them. keep spraying penetrating oil down the hole till it arrives so hopefully it will work.

the key with removing the OEM ford 3v 2 peice of crap plugs is get your motor good and hot by driving like the cops are after ya, then pull the boots and spray the hell outta the plugs with penetrating oil...wait for it to cool a bit. then go slow, ever so slow, slow like a work van with 20 ladders in the fast lane slow, with a wrench on the plugs to back them out. very slow. alot of patience is needed here lol. popping and jerking bad, just be smooth and apply gradual pressure, back off then do it again.

I'm really debating on using the map gas on it to heat up the cylinder. I can't drive it now with it being the way it is.

Back
Top Bottom