• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

POS Ford F150 Help

Yes this is exactly what I'm dealing with.. My issue is finding a square adaptor to place on top of the ez out. I stripped one of my sockets trying to get it.

Did you use a 6 pt. socket?

I changed the plugs several times on this very engine, and was told by a good mechanic to bring it up to temp, then souse it down with Kroil and let it cool off, then give one good Twist to tighten them then take them out.

Had one blow out, see comment above, even that one was not hard to remove the base following this procedure.

Did you use a 6 pt. socket?

I changed the plugs several times on this very engine, and was told by a good mechanic to bring it up to temp, then souse it down with Kroil and let it cool off, then give one good Twist to tighten them then take them out.

Had one blow out, see comment above, even that one was hard to remove the base following this procedure.

it was a star but socket. It’s the only thing I had to grip the square head on the tap.

Yep...I've done several this way. But I use an impact on the advice of a Ford dealership mechanic.
Never had one break off.

Too bad you're so far...I have a large extractor that'll get those plug treads out

Choot it ! (Use a .41mag :becky:)
I have always used an ‘anti seize’ lube on them when i have changed them - helps to keep this from happening. I know this doesnt help with the problem.

The key is to preheat and soak with Kriol after blowing out around the plug. Then hit it with the socket square on the plug with an impact. Spins 'em right out.
I've done several trucks...

The key is to preheat and soak with Kriol after blowing out around the plug. Then hit it with the socket square on the plug with an impact. Spins 'em right out.
I've done several trucks...
That works until you zip out a plug that has excessive carbon on the lower threads that the Kroil never had time to dissolve. Not saying that method doesnt work. But you can save a lot of heartache by catching the one or two stubborn plugs when doing it by hand. Kroil needs time to work. Impacts dont offer much time.

That works until you zip out a plug that has excessive carbon on the lower threads that the Kroil never had time to dissolve. Not saying that method doesnt work. But you can save a lot of heartache by catching the one or two stubborn plugs when doing it by hand. Kroil needs time to work. Impacts dont offer much time.

That the reason the mechanic advised me to give it one good "umph" to tighten, to break any mechanical bonds, and let the Kroil work in some more.

Due to everything I had read, I was really afraid to overtighten for fear of breaking them. But it seemed to work.

Also, I made sure to buy the platinum plugs which have a 100,000 mile replacement recommendation.

The back plug on the passenger side is mofo to get out and in. You need double jointed chimpanzee arms to get to it, and it's totally blind.

Back
Top Bottom