• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Possesion of automatic weapons parts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like constructive possession to me, but I'm not an attorney either. At a bare minimum, it's high risk behavior that is to be avoided.
High risk behavior indeed. Like using a truck stop shower or the men's room at a rest stop. Like the very early 80s hip hop tune went " Play at play at, play at...Your own risk..."

ODT is a great place for legal advice........
I am working on my ODT Law degree right now...

High risk behavior indeed. Like using a truck stop shower or the men's room at a rest stop. Like the very early 80s hip hop tune went " Play at play at, play at...Your own risk..."
Truck stop showers are safe as long as you wear flip flops or shower shoes. Plus the toilet in there gets cleaned after every shower so it's definitely safer than all other roadside crappers.

For a $200 tax stamp. They'd come to your house, kill your dog, your wife, kids, you......for a $200 ****ing dollar tax stamp.
It wouldn't be because of the stupid stamp, but because I guess of what could happen, and because of what losers like these did in 1997 with their modified full auto guns.
killers.png

Not quite sure if serious, but to answer the question, if the only way to use the things you have is to build them in an illegal configuration, then that is constructive possession.

For example, it's illegal to own a pistol AR upper if you only own a rifle lower, because the only way for you to use the upper is to build it into an illegal short barreled rifle. If you own a pistol lower, then you can own as many pistol uppers as you want, even if you have a rifle lower and can easily assemble a SBR. In other words, actually assembling the SBR would be illegal, but owning the parts to do so would not be illegal because there are legal ways for you to use the parts that you have.

Not quite sure if serious, but to answer the question, if the only way to use the things you have is to build them in an illegal configuration, then that is constructive possession.

For example, it's illegal to own a pistol AR upper if you only own a rifle lower, because the only way for you to use the upper is to build it into an illegal short barreled rifle. If you own a pistol lower, then you can own as many pistol uppers as you want, even if you have a rifle lower and can easily assemble a SBR. In other words, actually assembling the SBR would be illegal, but owning the parts to do so would not be illegal because there are legal ways for you to use the parts that you have.
So what if someone -- definitely not me! -- has a completed AR pistol with overall length of less than 26", and they also have a vertical fore grip but it's NOT mounted and just sitting in a drawer someplace. Could they be prosecuted for constructive intent of an AOW?

I am working on my ODT Law degree right now...

Truck stop showers are safe as long as you wear flip flops or shower shoes. Plus the toilet in there gets cleaned after every shower so it's definitely safer than all other roadside crappers.
Well as far as the risky behavior comment goes I wasn't referring to crabs or jungle rot lurking in those public facilities. It was something far worse. Okay somebody post up a George Michael tune here so my point will be 100% clear.

It wouldn't be because of the stupid stamp, but because I guess of what could happen, and because of what losers like these did in 1997 with their modified full auto guns.
View attachment 2075600
I'm not defending those shytbirds, don't be ****ing ridiculous. I'm pointing out that the "constructive possession" bullshyte is an excuse for BATFE (a ****ing tax collection agency) to come to your house and execute mayhem over a $200 stamp if you happen to have some parts laying about. It could happen, probably has, and I know people who've been damned near bankrupted by the ass clowns over a doubling FAL they were ATTEMPTING to REPAIR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom