• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Possible changes coming

sambo77

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
141   0
Reaction score
DNR will be sending out their annual input survey soon. I for one am in favor of the changes that are being looked at for turkey season. I'm interestedin hearing yalls opinions.
FB_IMG_1610496869072.jpg
FB_IMG_1610496866809.jpg
FB_IMG_1610496863622.jpg
FB_IMG_1610496859784.jpg

4 points on a side, trying to build a quality buck state?
Think you would still get a scrub buck tag in addition to 4 on 1 side / trophy. This is for those giant 6s people sometimes get but they would have to let it walk if they had already used their scrub buck tag. Ex: Giant 6 with 18" inside spread great mass & 10" G2s (A trophy buck) however it technically isn't legal to kill because he doesn't have 4 or more on 1 side when one had already used a "less than 4 on 1 side" tag earlier in the season.

I took a 5pt this year in QDM county. 4 on 1 side and a spike about 12" long. He needed to be removed from the gene pool to prevent passing along those genes. Legal buck; but I hated using up one of my tags for him.

4 points on a side, trying to build a quality buck state?
We are already becoming one. It’s only getting better as the decades pass.

I’m fine with the two gobbler limit, but I think jakes should only be for youth hunters

A two gobbler limit on private land and a one bird limit per hunter on WMA sounds good.

Yalls input is great. If yall are on Facebook the dnr is doing a live thing tomorrow for q&a they have some in person forums all over the state today and tomorrow.

My opinion is im in favor of changes for turkey season and deer season. Personally I think dropping the doe harvest number to 4 would also help. Combine that with purchase of actual hard tags, atleast for public land and in person game check at a wma would help populations.

Back
Top Bottom