• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Possible changes coming

The 4 point rule allows for any width and the 15” outside can be a spike if he’s that wide. It’s either or. Most quality WMA hunts are already this way

Why would you want more restrictions you act like our game population is dwindling
the turkey population is dwindling, especially after the 2020 season, the southeast as a whole has a turkey population that is on a steady decline. Due to in large part of piss poor game management by hunters as well as state DNR having laxed regulations allowing over harvesting.

As a hunter our number one priority should be conservation and making it to where we and others have animals to hunt decades from now.

As a hunter our number one priority should be conservation and making it to where we and others have animals to hunt decades from now.
"Should be", yes. But apparently the number one priority is "getting MINE" and complaining about "the king's deer".

When you're armed, you're a citizen......when you're not, you're a subject and the "king's deer" thing applies :0)
A few more stewards and a lot less selfish poachers would go a long way towards increasing the enjoyment of the pursuit and the health of the resource.

A few more stewards and a lot less selfish poachers would go a long way towards increasing the enjoyment of the pursuit and the health of the resource.
this! If the state lowered the limit to 2 turkeys instead of 3, incentivised trapping and hunting of predators, poaching was slimmed down, and people stop tagging out because they simply have the tags despite their property or area having a less than sustainable flock the turkey population would make a drastic rebound in only a few years.

this! If the state lowered the limit to 2 turkeys instead of 3, incentivised trapping and hunting of predators, poaching was slimmed down, and people stop tagging out because they simply have the tags despite their property or area having a less than sustainable flock the turkey population would make a drastic rebound in only a few years.
You’re absolutely correct sir. I think too many people also think that the DNR just makes new regulations to “screw” them. But that is definitely not the case at all, like you posted they want input from hunters as well. I think what they have come up with so far is a great start. I also think on a lot of properties the biggest concern is damn predators

.38 turkeys killed by hunters,hunters not the problem

predators——possum,coon,house cats,Fox,bobcat,coyotes,hawks—- I think when fertilizer got so high,and everyone went with a alternative had some impact.
If you have your own property check on a neusance trapping license kill them year round.

I think I’ve found where they’re hiding out....

Very few predators in the area but i’ll bet that will change in the spring

7A18F19A-184A-4CE1-AA21-0D5F387D3B58.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom