• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Possible False Straw Purchase Reported

Which is it ? 6 transfers total or a dozen times over the past couple years ?
just askin, trying to figure out if they are flagging you because of volume but i dont see it.
I’ve had 6 transfers from online shops and then a few direct purchases. At most I’ve done business there a dozen times over a three year period.

Was able to get my final transfer through them done. Staff cared so little when I showed up they had me sign, handed me the box, and walked off to go talk to each other.
But hey they were too preoccupied to take my $25 transfer fee so I went and got some food instead.

Villa Rica pawn for anyone wondering. Was a great shop with solid prices and inventory until the owner stopped showing up but once in a blue moon. Deal with caution.

I recently bought a few things and went in to get one transferred at a local shop. Now I had an issue occur maybe 2-3 months back where a newer employee accused me of a straw purchase. This was due to a long delay in receiving my new ID in the mail so I had a member of my household do the initial transfer as the firearm is used by all of us. The employee started on a straw purchase rant but other than that everything went smoothly. Maybe a week or two after I entered the shop and the same employee “informed“ me that the issue with the transfer had been handled.

I have not had any other transfers since then, my backgrounds always been approved within 5-10mins, and I have a spotless record. This time it’s come back as a hold instantly and the staff began acting stranger then initially for the remainder of the transaction. Before I left they informed me that after an investigation I’ll be contacted.

Could this just be a random instance or is it something I should look into? Is there a way to find out if I was falsely reported? If I was falsely reported what legal action can I take?

I hope you are able to take this in a constructive way, but that new employee was right to suspect a straw purchase.

Just think about it from their side - a customer conducts an unintentional straw purchase and then his next background check comes back as hold. I'm glad it worked out for you in the end, but don't dismiss their concerns here, it's their livelihood on the line every time a 4473 gets completed.

I hope you are able to take this in a constructive way, but that new employee was right to suspect a straw purchase.

Just think about it from their side - a customer conducts an unintentional straw purchase and then his next background check comes back as hold. I'm glad it worked out for you in the end, but don't dismiss their concerns here, it's their livelihood on the line every time a 4473 gets completed.
At the end of the day there was no straw purchase and he greatly over stepped his bounds multiple times. Livelihood or not being a jerk off has no benefit to any situation.

At the end of the day there was no straw purchase and he greatly over stepped his bounds multiple times. Livelihood or not being a jerk off has no benefit to any situation.
Buy a gun or suppressor from me, I'll show you exactly what your background check says. It will either say researching forever (bc the system is so slow), Proceed, delayed, or denied.

Back
Top Bottom