• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

POST INCIDENT... 6 QUESTIONS

One day I got to church (First Electric Baptist in Haddock) and there was no one there, anywhere. No one in the parking lot, vestibule, sanctuary.....not one soul. I freaked out. I thought, "Oh the Lord has come and raptured everyone up and I was not among them!"

I was truly destitute and preparing to face the end times, but then I looked across the street at the Methodist Church's parking lot and it was empty too! So, I knew the Rapture hadn't happened after all! I'd just forgot to set my clock back an hour.
Many moons ago at a very conservative and reformed seminary, there was this young man who came from a decidedly charismatic background and who was very vocal about his eschatological views...so much so that it had become somewhat of a joke because he somehow or the other managed to tie everything back into the Rapture or the Tribulation. And I mean everything. He was absolutely obsessed with the idea that he would not "be called up into the heavens" and that he would have to endure the Tribulation.

Someone else at this very conservative and reformed seminary got together all the men in the dorm and convinced them to stage their rooms as if they had been raptured. Showers were turned on with open shampoo bottles dropped. Sinks left running with toothbrushes in them and towels behind them. Alarm clocks set to blare @ 0530. Clothes laid out as if they had fallen off of body. You get the idea...well, every man in the dorm went and hid behind the dorm inside the AC brick privacy wall area and a lone trumpeteer climbed onto the roof via the fire escape and at 0529 began playing "When the Saints Go Marching In."

Roughly five minutes after "the trump resounded," the kid busts out the front door onto the lawn in his boxers and collapses on the ground absolutely beside himself. Crying, screaming, mumbling...an absolute mess.

I retrospect, it probably wasn't as funny as we thought it was at the time.

Many moons ago at a very conservative and reformed seminary, there was this young man who came from a decidedly charismatic background and who was very vocal about his eschatological views...so much so that it had become somewhat of a joke because he somehow or the other managed to tie everything back into the Rapture or the Tribulation. And I mean everything. He was absolutely obsessed with the idea that he would not "be called up into the heavens" and that he would have to endure the Tribulation.

Someone else at this very conservative and reformed seminary got together all the men in the dorm and convinced them to stage their rooms as if they had been raptured. Showers were turned on with open shampoo bottles dropped. Sinks left running with toothbrushes in them and towels behind them. Alarm clocks set to blare @ 0530. Clothes laid out as if they had fallen off of body. You get the idea...well, every man in the dorm went and hid behind the dorm inside the AC brick privacy wall area and a lone trumpeteer climbed onto the roof via the fire escape and at 0529 began playing "When the Saints Go Marching In."

Roughly five minutes after "the trump resounded," the kid busts out the front door onto the lawn in his boxers and collapses on the ground absolutely beside himself. Crying, screaming, mumbling...an absolute mess.

I retrospect, it probably wasn't as funny as we thought it was at the time.
Oh no...it was funny alright.

Do you have health insurance? Life insurance? Homeowner's insurance? Car insurance?

Prepping is nothing more than insurance. We are one plane crash, one fire, or one lightening bolt away from no cell phones, no power, no water, no gasoline, etc., it doesn't have to be a result of global nuclear war, good old fashion screw ups and nature can easily rock your world.

And all of this talk of North Korea having the capability of targeting cities in at least another year is meaningless. All the crazy guy has to do is detonate a device 25 miles in the atmosphere near the center of the country and most if not all of the continental USA will wake up in the stone age. He has that capability now. Read Dr. William Forstchen's book, One Second After, for a plausible scenario of what might happen following an EMP strike on the USA.

And all of this talk of North Korea having the capability of targeting cities in at least another year is meaningless. All the crazy guy has to do is detonate a device 25 miles in the atmosphere near the center of the country and most if not all of the continental USA will wake up in the stone age. He has that capability now. Read Dr. William Forstchen's book, One Second After, for a plausible scenario of what might happen following an EMP strike on the USA.

EMP is real, but WAY overblown. It will NOT destroy a fraction of what that book claims.

We can shoot down anything that flies, from the moment it clears the ground till impact at the other end of the flight. We are letting the little fat child stomp his feet,....... for now.

EMPs can also happen naturally. One hit the Earth back in the 1800s, but all it did then was take out the telegraph system. They had to restring all the wiring across the nation because it was fried. Imagine the damage something like that would cause today.

EMP is real, but WAY overblown. It will NOT destroy a fraction of what that book claims.

We can shoot down anything that flies, from the moment it clears the ground till impact at the other end of the flight. We are letting the little fat child stomp his feet,....... for now.
It depends on the intensity of the EMP. This government fact sheet basically agrees with the effects described in "One Second After".

http://www.doh.wa.gov/Portals/1/Documents/Pubs/320-090_elecpuls_fs.pdf

"Society has entered the information age and is dependent on electronic systems that work with components that are very susceptible to excessive electric currents and voltages. Many of these electronic systems are controlled in some way by semiconductors. Semiconductor devices fail when they encounter an EMP because of the local heating that occurs. Failure of semi-conductive chips could destroy industrial processes, railway networks, power and phone systems, and access to water supplies."

EMPs can also happen naturally. One hit the Earth back in the 1800s, but all it did then was take out the telegraph system. They had to restring all the wiring across the nation because it was fried. Imagine the damage something like that would cause today.

Yup, mainly because wiring today is done just like it was done 200 years ago...../NOT!

And another Government assessment that says we're screwed if we get hit by EMP.

http://www.empcommission.org/docs/empc_exec_rpt.pdf

Neither of those reports are on wiring done 200 years ago.

Where are you getting the data that developed your opinion?

Your same government assessment experts were convinced the open air detonation of the first nuke would destroy the earth by igniting the nitrogen in the atmosphere.

Where are you getting your assessments? Anonymous fear-mongering warnings are fake news.

Back
Top Bottom