• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

POST INCIDENT... 6 QUESTIONS

Your same government assessment experts were convinced the open air detonation of the first nuke would destroy the earth by igniting the nitrogen in the atmosphere.

Where are you getting your assessments? Anonymous fear-mongering warnings are fake news.
You might want to take a closer look at the links I posted. Both of those are Government studies. One by Washington State and the other is Federal. Not anonymous at all. Not fake news.

As for your claim that the experts were convinced of atmospheric ignition caused by the first nuclear test, it's ridiculous. My evidence of that is the simple fact they did the test. There was some thought that it was a very small possibility held by some involved, but the risk was so insignificant they did the testing anyway. Also keep in mind that there had never been a nuclear explosion, so everything they were doing was theoretical. EMP is an observed phenomenon that is measurable and predictable.

That pretty much covers the quality of my sources. I notice that you still haven't offered yours. :noidea:

I'm not prepping for anything more than a month-long bug-in.
Defend the home. Limit travel to a few miles to trade / buy supplies or get issued rations at some gov't or Red Cross aid center.

I don't think any real anarchy on a widespread basis would last more than a week.
Police, military, and citizens' militia units would kick ass and basically kill anybody that gets out of line, or even could be reasonably mistaken for a band of robbers ( which is another reason why travel would be so dangerous. What you consider your safety-conscious and innocent travel methods (well armed, in armored vehicles, with friends forming a small convoy) can be seen by others as a threat--like you're some kind of criminal gang.)

I'm with this guy, bug in until things settle down in a few weeks. I also think that it will happen from a collapse of the internet. Think of everything connected now, logistics companies, grocery stores, power and water, etc. It has become such an integral part of our infrastructure if it goes down I think we are screwed.

Of anything affects food and food stamps it's gonnna get ugly.
Good thing is that the hood rats will kill each other for each others food, escalades, etc.
While the trailer trash tries to master basic acquired skills, such as, but not limited to, spelling, making sense, not being judgemental, no more incest, etc. You know, the usual trailer trash things.

While the trailer trash tries to master basic acquired skills, such as, but not limited to, spelling, making sense, not being judgemental, no more incest, etc. You know, the usual trailer trash things.

That too....yep.
Keep in mind.....I never referred to race when I said hood rats.

It was probably funnier.
Oh no...it was funny alright.
If I'm honest, I still do feel kind of bad about it. Dude was rekt for days. It's like when you pick on that kid just a little too hard and it isn't funny anymore. Eh, either way, he forgave us and we moved on...still wouldn't shut up about the Rapture, though.

Anyways, back to topic...

oh noes, muh bugouts gearz

EMP is real, but WAY overblown. It will NOT destroy a fraction of what that book claims.

We can shoot down anything that flies, from the moment it clears the ground till impact at the other end of the flight. We are letting the little fat child stomp his feet,....... for now.

I disagree. Check out the link from a 2004 appointed congressional panel, www.empcommission.org/docs/empc_exec_rpt.pdf

During the Cold War, the Russians focused on protecting their people and infrastructure while the US focused on deterrence spending nothing to protect the civilian electrical grids. The panel concluded that if electrical ratepayers each paid $.20 per year (2004 dollars), there would sufficient funding to harden the power grids. Those maps in the report show one EMP near Chicago affecting electronics north into Canada; east to the Atlantic, west almost to Colorado, and south to almost Miami. Btw, Dr. Forstchener's book used much government research from this study and other government records to put his book together. It's far more than a book of fiction. Here's Newt on the subject this past May at a Senate hearing:

Well, if the little NoKo MoFo remains in power, we may get a test of some of our pet theories. With the saber rattling currently occurring, I expect runs on grocery & liquor stores to begin soon. Gonna do my part, today is senile citizen discount at Publix, maybe pick up a little extra.

Well, if the little NoKo MoFo remains in power, we may get a test of some of our pet theories. With the saber rattling currently occurring, I expect runs on grocery & liquor stores to begin soon. Gonna do my part, today is senile citizen discount at Publix, maybe pick up a little extra.

Very true old timer... I may grab up some extra supplies also just as a prep test. I may also run some drills with the wife also just to make use of this crazy time. Lol

Back
Top Bottom