• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

post your stupidest questions from potential buyer's on here

Not gun related ... but I had an older car for sale in the front yard with a SALE sign in the window. A guy calls and has one just like it but only needs the "right front quarter panel". I told him I would ONLY sell it complete and would not part it out. He proceeds to mention the only part he needed at least 3-5 times on the phone and each time I said I didn't want to part it out. We agree he can come look at it and I dug out the two sets of keys while he was driving.

I unlocked the doors when he arrived and he looked it over while again mentioning the only part he needed. Each time I told him I was selling a complete car, not parts. The longer he looked and the more he repeated his key phrase, the madder I got. Finally I asked was he even interested in buying it (I would have given him a low ball price just to get the car out of the yard and him gone) and he said, "Man, I only need that right front quarter panel". I locked up the car and walked back towards the house. My family was watching through the front window and they could all tell I was pretty mad just by the way I walked. He stood outside a few minutes then got in his truck and left.

Later I sold the whole car to a much nicer guy but at my original low-ball price. I even helped him load it on his trailer.

Not gun related ... but I had an older car for sale in the front yard with a SALE sign in the window. A guy calls and has one just like it but only needs the "right front quarter panel". I told him I would ONLY sell it complete and would not part it out. He proceeds to mention the only part he needed at least 3-5 times on the phone and each time I said I didn't want to part it out. We agree he can come look at it and I dug out the two sets of keys while he was driving.

I unlocked the doors when he arrived and he looked it over while again mentioning the only part he needed. Each time I told him I was selling a complete car, not parts. The longer he looked and the more he repeated his key phrase, the madder I got. Finally I asked was he even interested in buying it (I would have given him a low ball price just to get the car out of the yard and him gone) and he said, "Man, I only need that right front quarter panel". I locked up the car and walked back towards the house. My family was watching through the front window and they could all tell I was pretty mad just by the way I walked. He stood outside a few minutes then got in his truck and left.

Later I sold the whole car to a much nicer guy but at my original low-ball price. I even helped him load it on his trailer.
Say, "Right front quarter panel again mother ****er! I DARE YOU!" Lol.

You can buy the right front quarter panel, and I'll even throw in the rest of the car. For my original price.

Back
Top Bottom