• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Powder availability

I have gotten several good deals there over the years. But I usually am window shopping when I find something that is a good price. Rarely go shopping for a specific item. Patience gets you better deals at most places. They will usually knock off the price if you ask and more so if they recognize your face because you visit a lot.

Rosewood

I don't know if anyone is up this far, but Alexander's in Blairsville has a lot of powder and bullets on the shelves. There was quite a bit of pistol powder, no Varget or Unique tho. I did buy a couple pounds of 3031 since they had about 50 one pounders. I bought some other things at the some time and don't recall the price of the powder alone, but it must have been in the 35 to 40 dollar range, definitely not in the 65 dollar range.

Watched an employee behind the counter at chucks one time try and take a AR barrel nut/delta ring assembly off for a customer. Didn’t even know they did that kind stuff but was in for entertainment. I recall vividly him pulling out one of those $19.99 universal ar wrenches and giving it a shot. After a few minutes of getting mad at the delta ring spring he got it locked on and used all his umpt to turn it. Needless to say the nut didn’t budge and when the wrench slipped his knuckles got ate up pretty good. So yes it seems like they have “quality” experience, and prices so high that even cheaper than dirt price matches them

Unfortunately I think u are right. I can't remember the last time I saw Varget or some of the more popular powders on the shelves regardless of the price.

Funnily enough, Brownells as of right now have 1lb packs of Varget.

In general, I find the best thing to do is to get the product's UPC, and then do a search for that UPC with google or some other search engine rather than just roam around the 'usual suspects'.

Back
Top Bottom