• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

PPK - now with range report

Range Report update -

So made it to the range with the "new" PPK. This thing is crazy accurate. With a 6 o' clock hold it puts rounds exactly where you want them. The "Walther Tracks" on the web of my hand are there but as long as I keep my thumb down its not bad...nothing like my briefly owned Block 19 that did a DNA scrape every time I shot it. The old/original mag gave a few hiccups and I have a new one on order. Very nice and nowhere near the snappy recoil I had heard about. Compared to my J-frame 442, I would take the PPK anyway as far as recoil.

Range Report update -

So made it to the range with the "new" PPK. This thing is crazy accurate. With a 6 o' clock hold it puts rounds exactly where you want them. The "Walther Tracks" on the web of my hand are there but as long as I keep my thumb down its not bad...nothing like my briefly owned Block 19 that did a DNA scrape every time I shot it. The old/original mag gave a few hiccups and I have a new one on order. Very nice and nowhere near the snappy recoil I had heard about. Compared to my J-frame 442, I would take the PPK anyway as far as recoil.

There is a certain way to hold the PPK so it doesnt bite you. It was very nicely shown in this thread but with photobucket acting like douchebags you cant see the pics.

http://www.waltherforums.com/forum/faq-pp-tp/14589-ppk-too-small-hand-how-combat-slide-bite.html

Thanks Lazarus, I stumbled on that thankfully and it really helps. I have fat hands but curling the thumb down definitely helps.

Ok. Interesting update....So the one mag that came with the mag was spotty for function. I went online and starting using "the google" to research. After lots of pictures and discussion over on waltherforums.com I have learned that the mag that came with the gun is not a 380 ppk mag but a "pre-war" (as in WW2) 32 acp PPK magazine. It fits and sort of functions and is apparently a desirable item but not what I need. I've got a "real" 380 ppk mag on order.

Back
Top Bottom