• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

PPS43 kit build

Scorpius

Default rank <4000 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
95   0
Reaction score
So got this kit given to me :-) looks like it’s minus a receiver and a barrel. Lots of cut parts but nice seeing how the folding stock works :-)

So....questions

First self build or professional builder?

Original barrel or longer setup so I can have the folding stock without a tax stamp?

9mm or original Tokarev round ? I’ve shot two 7.62x25 mine an IO build the other I forget but it was not IO, both like to jam a decent bit. I hear the 9mms are bullet proof.

Also any ideas on costs for the above?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because it requires conversion to closed bolt. You can not built it as cheaply as you can buy one. I have never seen one that was not boringly reliable in either caliber.

Well looking at the kit, does seem to be lots of parts to be needed. The shroud is only the small tip, other pieces you rivet or weld on are great but anything not needed is gone metal wise. Left ya enough to be a pita the remove :-)
Would need a new trigger group I assume comparing it to my existing one.

Well looking at the kit, does seem to be lots of parts to be needed. The shroud is only the small tip, other pieces you rivet or weld on are great but anything not needed is gone metal wise. Left ya enough to be a pita the remove :-)
Would need a new trigger group I assume comparing it to my existing one.

I’m sure weaponeer forum would have something on this but the trigger looks like not a fun conversion, I think most used the parts kits to sbr their existing ppsh but I could take picks of mines innards sometime and post em

Wouldn’t that negate the need to pin and weld if he waited to build till after the form 1 returned?
I’m sayin build while you wait....seeing as it will be a bit of time and if he completes build before approval boom he’s got a cool pistols to shoot and noodle out any potential feeding issues.

He can pin and weld his barrel too but easier to remove the stock pin/weld

You can always pin and weld your stock in the closed position and apply for a form 1

Yea thought about that but later when I decide to sell it....sorta limited to waiting on the buyer to get tax stamp approval eh.

Looks like I may just have a parts kit to gather dust until someday when maybe people need them. Right parts seem scarce and well....I’ve never welded.

Yea thought about that but later when I decide to sell it....sorta limited to waiting on the buyer to get tax stamp approval eh.

Looks like I may just have a parts kit to gather dust until someday when maybe people need them. Right parts seem scarce and well....I’ve never welded.

If you want a really really sweet PPS 43 built from your kit, secure the necessary missing parts and a bbl, save a bit of coin, and zip that sucker off to 2 Rivers AKs in Oklahoma. You won’t be sorry. Have em make it a pistol or a legal bbl length rifle.

Back
Top Bottom