• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Practical, shooter WWII pistol

The Beretta 34 is one I hadn't thought of, but it seems to be a good choice in a medium-sized pistol, if that's what he'd prefer.

images

I think the P-35 Hi Power would be my recommendation among full-sized pistols.

The Beretta 34 is one I hadn't thought of, but it seems to be a good choice in a medium-sized pistol, if that's what he'd prefer.

images

I think the P-35 Hi Power would be my recommendation among full-sized pistols.

I like those choices. A 34 was my first carry gun. I regret getting rid of it. A Hi power points naturally and gives up very little to more modern guns IMHO.

I think he will need to try a few to see what he likes. A post war P38 would be a good choice and are affordable. A CZ 27 or a Beretta 34 or 35 are options as well.

A note on the hi-power...I believe it was the only sidearm issued to both Axis (German) and Allies ( British and Canada) so it probably saw extensive use.
I am a short guy with smaller hands. I own a Beretta 1934 and 1935. With the spurred magazine I find I can get a very comfortable purchase on these. They are very easy to breakdown and clean. There are parts available online. Just my 2 cents.

I personally prefer the 1911 or the Luger but they can get pricey. The P38 is a great shooter and not too bad for carry. If this person likes revolvers, the M1917 in .45 ACP are solid SA/DA shooters, either the S&W or Colt version

Back
Top Bottom