• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Practice Proper Shot Placement...Please

Not sure about this. In all the years and deer I’ve killed I’ve only lost one deer and that was from a bow. Found his rack a year and a half later along with my arrow. Nice 10 pointer. I have always used either my .270 when hunting power lines or fields greater than 100yrds or my 30-30 under 100yrds and obviously the muzzleloader. Always shoot them in heart/lungs.

I may have to try this placement. I normally shoot them in the armpit with a 7.62x39 round. They typically run a little; but not far without working lungs. My normal shot is 30-40 yards, so easy to pick my placement.
Works great. They drop where they stand, no tracking and makes cleaning easy since all their innards are in tact and where they belong.

Screenshot_20211005-203253_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg

So, you are saying I shouldn't hunt with my full auto mac10 complete with 22 conversion kit spraying from the hip with a red bandana on my head like a damn boss???? Leaping out of the wood line hosing down a herd of of doe with fawns and just ripping out the backstraps as that's all I eat anyway??? Oh. Noted.

Back
Top Bottom