• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Practiscore

Burdy

Default rank 5000+ posts
ODT Co-Founder
Forum Owner
259   0
Reaction score
I don't understand why the Practiscore website has to suck so bad. The user interface is terrible and the finding and listing of specific types of matches you want to shoot is way more difficult than it needs to be. And if you do list your match on there, I don't understand why you refuse to list all the pertinent details.

And while I am at it, I also don't understand why all the organizations that hold matches can't have a decent basic functioning website to promote their events and dates instead of trying to force everyone to use Facebook. I don't have Facebook and haven't in over 10 years. No, I won't sign up just so I can find out the dates and details of your match.

Squarespace is cheap and you can build a website in half a day at most. Rule #1 of any business is to make it easy for people to give you their money.
/Rant off/

Most club matches aren't run as businesses. It's still a hobby handled mostly by someone volunteering their time. FB is free, easy, and most people are on there if for nothing else than to track shooting stuff which is mostly what I use it for.

Never really had any issue using the Practiscore site, but I'm also not really searching for new matches so maybe that is an issue. I don't see it going anywhere though because it probably is the best scoring / registration system and they are big supporters of the sport. The way it's set up really is on the clubs to create the info though.

Most club matches aren't run as businesses. It's still a hobby handled mostly by someone volunteering their time. FB is free, easy, and most people are on there if for nothing else than to track shooting stuff which is mostly what I use it for.

Never really had any issue using the Practiscore site, but I'm also not really searching for new matches so maybe that is an issue. I don't see it going anywhere though because it probably is the best scoring / registration system and they are big supporters of the sport. The way it's set up really is on the clubs to create the info though.

There appears to be a direct correlation between the matches I go to that fill up fast and have a lot of participants and how good their practiscore and/or dedicated website is. All these FB orgs typically have same the 7-8 best friends from what I've seen. For that, you could just email/text your buddies on when you want to get together and shoot. There are plenty of people wanting to shoot various types of matches that don't know when or where to do so. Anyways, like I said, I am just ranting. It's just quite annoying when I have a rare weekend free and info about matches is scattered across multiple places either incomplete or non-existent.

There appears to be a direct correlation between the matches I go to that fill up fast and have a lot of participants and how good their practiscore and/or dedicated website is. All these FB orgs typically have same the 7-8 best friends from what I've seen. For that, you could just email/text your buddies on when you want to get together and shoot. There are plenty of people wanting to shoot various types of matches that don't know when or where to do so. Anyways, like I said, I am just ranting. It's just quite annoying when I have a rare weekend free and info about matches is scattered across multiple places either incomplete or non-existent.
I agree. The matches that are filling up generally do everything better. Part of that is communication. We try to insure our Practiscore page contains all relevant match info and I generally will sit down and go ahead and make the registrations for every match for the year so they'll show up in the search. Some places only create each one individually in the week or 2 before the match.

We do use FB as one of our primary communication tools. We also have a page on our gun clubs website, but it generally doesn't get updated often and only has our basic match info listed. I might suggest to our MD if it would be useful to have our own dedicated website.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I don't understand why the Practiscore website has to suck so bad. The user interface is terrible and the finding and listing of specific types of matches you want to shoot is way more difficult than it needs to be. And if you do list your match on there, I don't understand why you refuse to list all the pertinent details.

And while I am at it, I also don't understand why all the organizations that hold matches can't have a decent basic functioning website to promote their events and dates instead of trying to force everyone to use Facebook. I don't have Facebook and haven't in over 10 years. No, I won't sign up just so I can find out the dates and details of your match.

Squarespace is cheap and you can build a website in half a day at most. Rule #1 of any business is to make it easy for people to give you their money.
/Rant off/
100%

Back
Top Bottom