• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Prayers for Mom

It is certainly difficult to see your mother in this condition, but know that it is the disease doing that to the woman that raised and loved her children. Prayers up.

Cancer makes the path very hard to travel. My God walk with you and your family.
Be strong for her as hard as that is. Though her body may pass, she will be with you forever.

All the kind words are appreciated, many of you have had very similar experiences and shared then with me privately... It is kind of strange that is a loose knit group of friends (for the most part) this is where i find the most comfort and support.

She has made her decision this is the final phase, I have been through this multiple times since her first cancer diagnosis but the physical body is at the point where it is very close to her time.

My mother was a woman of faith for MANY years, but a family tragedy made her question the existence of God, of any god. There are things that I can say that would give most people at least a glint of comfort but this sharing of the afterlife seems only to anger her, and turn into a debate which I want no part of.

I spend as much time as possible with her but these past few weeks have been tuff for a guy with little or possible no patience. I would like to see her smile one more time, I would like to to know her husband (also very ill) will be fine, I would like to to realize how much her faith helped all of us "kids" growing up.

May God give me the words, and may somehow this passing on will show us all life is short.... Too short to say all the goodbyes you want to.
:pray2::amen:

A four time cancer survivor. A mother of 4 adults and 8 grandchildren always a mom with life and love for life.

I have seen her battle for 25 years on and off. She is now down to 65 lbs at 85 years young many of those years were great fun times.

Seeing her almost daily for a very long time she has given up.
Morphine 4 times a day and tranquilizers pretty much tell me they are trying to ease any discomfort.

Lately she has been a different person. Snappy, negative, and lacking in faith. She told me last week that she would die the 22nd of next month. The same day her brother died 25 years ago...

I tried to make light of it but it has really been eating me up.

I pray for a Godly transition, her knowledge that she was a perfect mom with imperfect kids.

Pray for moms eternal peace brothers.

Amen.

I'm Praying for your Mom and Family.

Back
Top Bottom