• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Prayers for my dog

friend your request is not silly at all and i understand exactly how you feel. Prayers go out for your buddies health

Definitely not silly.....they become part of your family. They have more love and loyalty for you than any human.
Prayers sent for you and Max.

I feel your pain, recently I had to put down my 6 year old Rottweiler. He wouldn't eat or go outside. Took him to vet, They did Xrays and found a huge tumor in his abdomen, I couldn't afford the $1000 surgery they wanted to do so had him put down, he was a great dog, really miss him

I have a 15 year old beagle that is presently at the vet and not doing good. He is 15 years old and woke up sick a couple of days ago. He is an inside companion and goes with me everywhere. I am 72 years old and he has been my constant companion for all these years. Just looked real sluggish and would not eat. Took him to the vet and in talking with the vet today, he does not seem to be getting any better. I had always told my wife that I hoped that I would die before him. I just love him that much. Only thing I know to do at this point is pray for him, wisdom for the vet and peace for me. I have cried many tears over him over the last 2 days. Might should silly to some folks, but he is family to me. His name is Max and I hope and pray that he will be better in the morning.
Would you please join me in praying for my buddy. All prayers and thoughts will be greatly appreciated.
Same age as you and have been through the hell. My prayers are with you and Max. They are life long loyal companions and all they ask for is love.

Sorry for so long in my update, but my emotions have not been the best as of late. Had to put my little buddy to sleep about a month ago. He had lung cancer and some heart problems and the vet said that there was nothing else that we could do. Max gave me his love for 15 years and he was my constant companion. I took him to a local funeral home and had him cremated. When my time comes, he will go in my casket with me, never to be separated again in body form. We will also a life forever in the place that Almighty God has prepared for us.

On the same date that I put Max to sleep, I had to put my old squirrel dog to sleep. Dixie was 17 years old and was the best squirrel dog that I have ever hunted with. She was a long haired feist out of the Cauley blood line. We spent many, many wonderful days in the hard wood bottoms and hill sides chasing bushy tails. She had gotten in bad shape. Almost blind, nearly deaf, and she was just worn out. But, I loved her dearly and she gave me great pleasure. Also had her cremated and she will go down with me and Max.

So, on this date, I had to put 2 of my best friends to sleep. Did I cry, yes I did. Still do now sometimes when I think of them. However, God gave me 17 years with my little squirrel dog and 15 years with my partner, Max. And, for that I am thankful and have many, many memories to reflect back on. Don't know who coined the phrase, "Dog is man's best friend", but he know what he was talking about.....

Thanks for all of the kind comments and prayers....

Back
Top Bottom