• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Prayers for my dog

Sorry for so long in my update, but my emotions have not been the best as of late. Had to put my little buddy to sleep about a month ago. He had lung cancer and some heart problems and the vet said that there was nothing else that we could do. Max gave me his love for 15 years and he was my constant companion. I took him to a local funeral home and had him cremated. When my time comes, he will go in my casket with me, never to be separated again in body form. We will also a life forever in the place that Almighty God has prepared for us.

On the same date that I put Max to sleep, I had to put my old squirrel dog to sleep. Dixie was 17 years old and was the best squirrel dog that I have ever hunted with. She was a long haired feist out of the Cauley blood line. We spent many, many wonderful days in the hard wood bottoms and hill sides chasing bushy tails. She had gotten in bad shape. Almost blind, nearly deaf, and she was just worn out. But, I loved her dearly and she gave me great pleasure. Also had her cremated and she will go down with me and Max.

So, on this date, I had to put 2 of my best friends to sleep. Did I cry, yes I did. Still do now sometimes when I think of them. However, God gave me 17 years with my little squirrel dog and 15 years with my partner, Max. And, for that I am thankful and have many, many memories to reflect back on. Don't know who coined the phrase, "Dog is man's best friend", but he know what he was talking about.....

Thanks for all of the kind comments and prayers....

I just put down my Boy Mac-Mac 11 March, he was just in to much pain and 16 years old. Everytime, I come home I expect to see him at the door waiting for me! It's hard but I knew it was time,! I'm Praying for you.

Back
Top Bottom