• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Prayers needed for my wife and I

Ben. I say a prayer for you and your wife every day. I know from personal experience how hard it is being a care giver. May the good Lord heal your wife as well as confort and lighten the load you carry.

Ben, to a lesser degree I know how you feel. It is in our blood to be protectors, to want to absorb the pain, ignore the sorrow and just try to make everything ok. When we can't do it, despite our best efforts, regardless of our sacrifices, overwhelming frustration, anger, fear and sadness take us. It's in those moments we must cry out instead of lash out. I know, it's easier said than done and we've all failed at it. But God is there for you and Brenda. You will see your 41st anniversary on November 6th. God put you two together for a reason, and it may just be that he knew you had the courage to seek the strength to care for your lovely wife during her hardest hours. Pray for the strength you need, and we will pray with you. Remember that during the most difficult times there is only one set of footprints as God carries you through. And please let us know what you need. Your ODT family is here for you.

My Prayers go up tonight for you and your wife my brother. I have been in your shoes and in your wives also.3 years ago I was diagnosed with stage 4 metastatic bone cancer spread up and down my spine and pelvis, that was in October. the following February, just 4 months later my wife was diagnosed with breast cancer. So I can tell you I know how you feel and then some. We would not have made it without our faith GOD, Jesus Christ, good Drs.and the love for each other. It is hard to be the patient and the care giver at the same time but with much prayer and help from some friends we are both doing better than we deserve. I can remember times when the pain pills didn't work to ease the pain in my back and all I could do was crawl into bed and pray for relief as the tears rolled down my cheeks not wanting anyone to see me especially my wife who had just endured bilateral mastectomy and reconstruction and was going through her own hell. But I can tell you I drifted off to some of the most restful sleep.
I tell you all this to let you know GOD does answer prayer and he is a powerful GOD. I can't tell you what his plan for y'all is but he definitely has one and he will use you and your wife for some greater purpose and blessing as hard as that is to understand sometimes. I have witnessed 1 actual miracle during my journey and am told by some at the infusion center I am walking miracle after 3 and1/2 years when originally given 6 months. I know how important prayers are, how powerful they are, and will lift you and your family up with best medicine[prayer] available. GOD will send you the peace that passes all understanding,he will wrap you in a hedge of his anointing for relief from the signs that are making her sick and wearing you down. This is terrible disease but we serve an even more powerful, loving and gracious Master that has all the answers even though they have not been given to us ,Lord we just ask for understanding and peace about it. I will continue to keep you in my prayers.

Brothers,

My wife and I need your prayers. Since 3am we've had the worst morning so far in this 4 year ordeal. My anger at this disease that is killing her and has ruined our lives has boiled over this morning and makes me very ashamed.

Thank you,
Ben
MY WIFE AND I OFFER OUR PRAYERS FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY. MAY GOD BLESS YOUR LITTLE GIRL

Back
Top Bottom