• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Precision loading question

25   0
Reaction score
Afternoon gentlemen
Ive loaded plenty of 223 and 9mm rounds, and wanting to load some precision loads for my 30/06. I’ve done the measuring and have seating depth and OAL. I feel like this is a dumb question but if I try fire forming cases I don’t run them thru my sizing die, correct?

Thanks in advance fellas

The 30.06, that I load for, benefits most from brass with the same head stamp, and loading the bullet as close as possible to the rifling. I normally only neck size, as opposed to full length sizing, but I am not certain it helps with the accuracy. But, it is easier and does not hurt the accuracy.

I 've loaded a bit and can't really say neck is better than full size.
What I learned a few years ago that really was impressive is checking concentricity of the loaded rounds. I have found it to be very worthwhile to do. Few rounds are badly out but most can be easily corrected.
Just thought I'd mention it.

Full length size with a bushing die what size bushing depends on your brass take neck expander ball out and only bump shoulder back .001-.002. I have kept my brass more consistent using that method I started out neck sizing only but it’s just a matter of time before you gotta bump the shoulder back.

Back
Top Bottom