• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Precision Long Range Reloaders

JWP6114

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
22   1
Reaction score
How much time are you spending at the bench prepping and assembling precision rifle ammo.
Does your practices and techniques yield ammo that shoots to your expectations.
Am i the only on here that thinks folks who judge the accuracy of ones ammo and rifle by groups shot at 100 yards
is some weak ass kung-fu?

Im way harder on myself than anyone, im not happy till im shooting ay least a .75 group at 100 and with small rifles even smaller groups, sometime its easy to find the right combo, I worked with my ultra mag for a long time till I found the right load,

I just buy lapua brass and load on a rcbs rock chucker. I thin cases all by hand, and use a micrometer die. I do not check for run out ect. It's not fast but not a slow process. 4 hrs for about 100 rounds

I just buy lapua brass and load on a rcbs rock chucker. I thin cases all by hand, and use a micrometer die. I do not check for run out ect. It's not fast but not a slow process. 4 hrs for about 100 rounds
I load the same press and have no reason to change, I wish I could find lapua brass for my 220 swift

It's not weak ass Kung fu, it's called MOA. You determine a gun/ammo MOA and that's what it will shoot usually until the bullet goes trans sonic and becomes unstable.

So you think because your gun shoots .75 MOA at 100 yards that it will do that at 600 yards?

That's cute.

Lol ok. I'm just explaining it to you, I'm not trying to insult your intelligence. I have had some great training opportunities and I am just passing along what I use.
That was just beginners theory for you. Long boat tailed bullets usually shoot tighter at longer ranges. They have less drag and due to muzzle blast/ect can shoot a looser group at 100 but still be more accurate than your calculated moa at greater distances.

Back
Top Bottom