• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Precision Rifle fun match

I think I need to learn some more before I participate. I don't do dope....yet.:)

No better match to jump in and try! It will be beginner friendly, especially from a peer instruction and gear borrowing standpoint. Some stages will be challenging, but nobody wants to clean the whole course their first match! This will give you an honest taste of bigger matches. And you'll definitely get to shoot from positions that aren't on a bench. It'll be fun.

No better match to jump in and try! It will be beginner friendly, especially from a peer instruction and gear borrowing standpoint. Some stages will be challenging, but nobody wants to clean the whole course their first match! This will give you an honest taste of bigger matches. And you'll definitely get to shoot from positions that aren't on a bench. It'll be fun.
You have NO idea what a newb I am when it comes to long range shooting. I do however have a spiffy new 6.5 Creedmoor with an Omega.:thumb:

This match is going to be VERY shooter friendly. Once everybody shoots the course if people want to get serious, we have stages available to up the ante

You have NO idea what a newb I am when it comes to long range shooting. I do however have a spiffy new 6.5 Creedmoor with an Omega.:thumb:

Your learning curve will be much flatter if come. During the match, you'll probably have questions to ask that right now you may not even know to ask. Have a good zero and, I'm sure if needed, we'll have a chrono. Get some dope, dial it, and shoot it. And I'm no pro or even close, but if I can help out I'll be glad to.

E-mail sent,

Your learning curve will be much flatter if come. During the match, you'll probably have questions to ask that right now you may not even know to ask. Have a good zero and, I'm sure if needed, we'll have a chrono. Get some dope, dial it, and shoot it. And I'm no pro or even close, but if I can help out I'll be glad to.

1st question, What is dope?

I don't have bino or spotting scope... Could you look at what I'm doing and show me what I should be doing?

E-mail sent,

I don't have bino or spotting scope... Could you look at what I'm doing and show me what I should be doing?

Dope (Data Of Previous Engagements) is basically your bullet drop at different distances. Fortunately, this can be figured very accurately with ballistic apps on your phone if you enter good info (bullet speed, bc, barrel twist, etc.). It is good to verify your dope at a few distances if possible.

I'm sure your RO would do their best to call misses and give you a correction.

E-mail sent,

As RAR75 your Data Of Previous Engagements. Your bullet drop at different distances. You need to have some dope before shooting for Safety, we can't have rounds leaving the property. if you do not have ANY dope, We can't allow you to shoot until after the match starts.

Back
Top Bottom