• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Preferred SHTF weapon....?

I like the AR platform. Ammo is cheap and light. I also like the 9mm. If SHTF, I figure the ammo is more readily available. I must admit, for formal occasions, I will also enjoy the company of an M1A and 1911 in 45 ACP. Now... If the zombies show up, I think we'd have to fall back on the Ole pump action 12 ga.

scope falls off at 1:30 ish
Look at the bottom of the right of the AK. Lastochkin Khvost (Sparrow tail) mount that AK has is very reliable and has a repeatable Zero ability, if scope is attached correctly. In the video you can see the latch jump around. It should have been rotated all the way counterclockwise, pushed down and slipped in the hole on the scope mount.

I don't have a lot of options. I have never worked with AKs but have slept with (not biblically but in the -10 sense) AR platforms for 30 years.
All my buddies have ARs so, common ammo with my fire team is 556. I like my 300 since I can throw 150 grain supersonic or 220 grain suppressed.

I am saving for a glock 9 or a future sugar momma that can supplement my Arms room!

\With all my reloading components, I'd have to choose something in 308. Best option out there for me is the Ruger Gunsite Scout with the synthetic stock, comes in at 6.2 lbs. with iron sights. Will be able to shoot 110 gr to 220 gr, so it should cover all my hunting/offensive shooting.

But since I don't have that just yet, I would have to use my M&P 10 or Savage 10FP w/24" barrel. Which neither one would accomplish what the Ruger could.

KelTec Sub 2000 9mm takes M&P mags.
IMGP3837.JPG

Back
Top Bottom