• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Preparedness checklist?

We just bought us a nice house on 8 acres in the country. It's funny you mention this because chickens and goats are in the plans for the next month. Already making preparations. Fun fact, around the world more people drink goat milk than they do cow milk.
You’re gonna LOVE having chickens and goats on your land. Definitely read up if you’re not familiar with both of animals. Yeah once I get land on the country, I’m getting chickens goats and building my homestead. Yeah it’s weird how in the US goat milk is not as popular as it should be.

You’re gonna LOVE having chickens and goats on your land. Definitely read up if you’re not familiar with both of animals. Yeah once I get land on the country, I’m getting chickens goats and building my homestead. Yeah it’s weird how in the US goat milk is not as popular as it should be.
Goat milk and cheese is a acquired taste !

Chili and avocados yesterday in the freeze dryer and pulled pork and sliced pork tenderloin are on finish drying cycle right now. What is everyone doing about long-term food storage?

I guess next item on my list will be radios for 6-8 different friends & families. Need to have about a 15-20 mile range for everyone to be able to talk to each other.

That's the hardest part for me so far

Same here, the idea of reaching out to people hoping to find like minded individuals has me worried that the person I believe to have good intentions may become a future adversary that knows of my location/preparations.

I try to stay in touch with my neighbors, but I never reveal my prepper mindset. Even if I were to befriend someone in a 20 minute radius, if vehicles are not working then that may as well be a trip that'll last a couple days.

Sure would be nice if a community was built that had a prepper mindset as it's core fundamental. Probably the only type of HOA I'd be willing to put money into if they had realistic rules and regulations pertaining to the safeguard of the land and not over issues like plant species, fence heights, or any of the other BS rules they impose.

Same here, the idea of reaching out to people hoping to find like minded individuals has me worried that the person I believe to have good intentions may become a future adversary that knows of my location/preparations.

I try to stay in touch with my neighbors, but I never reveal my prepper mindset. Even if I were to befriend someone in a 20 minute radius, if vehicles are not working then that may as well be a trip that'll last a couple days.

Sure would be nice if a community was built that had a prepper mindset as it's core fundamental. Probably the only type of HOA I'd be willing to put money into if they had realistic rules and regulations pertaining to the safeguard of the land and not over issues like plant species, fence heights, or any of the other BS rules they impose.
Though I don't reveal my preparations to them, I get to at least casually know some of my neighbors. If there's any warning that things are going South I'll advise them go stock up with non perishables and then come see me. I have enough equipment and weapons to make quite a little "neighborhood watch" with some serious teeth.

Back
Top Bottom