• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Pretty cool find while scouting today.

Many years ago my son and I were riding our 3 wheeler on some clear cut land. We came across 5 or 6 old Graves’s. No markers just rocks piled on top. Told my dad about it and found out it was my g,g,g, grand fathers land. Don,t have all the details but he was active against the Cherokees during the trail of tears time. No one knows who is buried there. He is buried at a Methodist church about 5 miles away.

Another story is my dad had a wooded lot next to his place with slaves buried there. I found out when I asked about building there. I didn’t know about that until I was in my 30’s. The white folks were buried less than1/4 mile from there.

Both of these are in north Hall county.

Not sure I want to know. :eek2:

Kids party there weekend nights sometimes.
I cleaned that cemetery of litter one day while my hunt got rained out.
I don’t much hunt there anymore because it’s too close to where the hunters park and there have been too many disrespectful loud mouths and dork bags playing their radio loud and yapping forever.
Kinda screws up the hunt.

Bear....there’s another cool spot. On McGraw that I can turn you onto if you’re interested PM me.

We have a graveyard on our lease with Confederate veteran in it. One of the members ran down his whole history.

Shame to see that just abandoned off in the woods. Really makes you wonder about what happened to the family. They had enough money to have headstones carved.

We have a graveyard on our lease with Confederate veteran in it. One of the members ran down his whole history.

Shame to see that just abandoned off in the woods. Really makes you wonder about what happened to the family. They had enough money to have headstones carved.

That’s cool man.
I’d rather see it abandoned in the woods than have a condo built on top of it.
Probably had a homestead there......or maybe it was his favorite huntin spot.

Back
Top Bottom