• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Pretty sure this has been discussed before…

Reminding folks that you’ll put it back in the closet of your singlewide or “I know what I got” “rare” etc. are just the used car salesmen of firearms gimmicks. Anything of value that’s reasonably priced will have a buyer. But most buy junk and want to re-sail cause they want something else. I’ve bought a sightron scope a toreass and other hot garbage but I don’t run to odt to pawn my mistakes off at top dollar to decent folks.

Years ago I found an old range Rover for one of my kids. It needed work but my son loved it. The plan was to complete the transaction at his return from a holiday weekend so I got the cash on Friday and waited for his call. I started calling around noon on Monday (maybe Labor Day) and left messages. Finally around 6 he called and said he changed his mind. I was pretty much pissed but there wasn't anything I could do as it was Craigslist. About a month later he called me wanting to know if I was still interested. I am guessing the wife said get that beater out of the garage. With great joy I told him I bought a nicer Range Rover for the same money and GLWS.

…but just saw another dreaded “back in the safe” threat.
Has that ever worked? I mean you’re thinking … yes… no .. maybe.. on a purchase, then you see the possibility of that gat being snatched back to anonymity to reside in a dark, dusty safe for the foreseeable future? Then you crack open your wallet to rescue it?
I usually just laugh and move on, figuring those guys also “know what I’ve got” in that “rare, hard to find”, “LNIB” iteration of the gunmaker’s art, and aren’t willing to negotiate.
What say the great unwashed ODT?
OK, so put it back in the safe.....You know you want to....

Back
Top Bottom