• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Price check for M1 Carbine

Too much guessing without more specifics... Barrel condition... without a bore gauge... what if you buy a carbine that swallows the muzzle gauge... A 4 or better...Now its a carbine with a junk barrel... Criterion barrel replacement is north of $300 what about condition and sum of its parts...??? Has it been thru a rebuild or is it an original...??? Are there any cartouches left in the wood...??? I don't buy a carbine without using my bore gauge and headspace gauges... What if headspace is NO good... then you have to have several extra bolts to swap and test, to get good headspace... What if you don't take it apart... buy it... get it home, take it apart and find a welded receiver... or better yet, find that once upon a time, 40 plus years ago, someone drilled and tapped the receiver for a scope mount... and the holes are all under the woodline... found one of those here in a shop recently... not a $950 carbine anymore...!!!!

Just my .02 cents here...

Too much guessing without more specifics... Barrel condition... without a bore gauge... what if you buy a carbine that swallows the muzzle gauge... A 4 or better...Now its a carbine with a junk barrel... Criterion barrel replacement is north of $300 what about condition and sum of its parts...??? Has it been thru a rebuild or is it an original...??? Are there any cartouches left in the wood...??? I don't buy a carbine without using my bore gauge and headspace gauges... What if headspace is NO good... then you have to have several extra bolts to swap and test, to get good headspace... What if you don't take it apart... buy it... get it home, take it apart and find a welded receiver... or better yet, find that once upon a time, 40 plus years ago, someone drilled and tapped the receiver for a scope mount... and the holes are all under the woodline... found one of those here in a shop recently... not a $950 carbine anymore...!!!!

Just my .02 cents here...

What if my aunt was a dude?........:boink:

WFO62 WFO62 is right. Way too much to look at to determine a value and not much info is given and no pics.

Inlands can range from $500 for a Bubba Joe special to (recently on gunjoker) $3,500 for an early one that was somewhat unmolested.
To the uninitiated? $700 seems normal. To a collector? $3,500 might be a steal.

Back
Top Bottom