• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Prices starting to fall, and inventory coming back

Deleted member 20426

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
5   0
Reaction score
Seems like prices are starting to fall back to earth somewhat. I've been tracking a few specific rifles on gunbroker.com and have seen prices go up, peak around dec 25 - 31, now falling with a lot of inventory going unsold bcz the reserve prices too high. I've also seen online ARs and AKs available again at MSRP instead of 1.5xMSRP. The only things that are still nuts in prices are mags and ammo is limited. I hope things get back to normal soon. Even of they ban high cap mags, the rifles themselves will likely fall back to earth soon. The reports are uniform, AWB not going to pass.

I think the market is just starting to stabilize. The highest priced ones aren't selling anymore so it'll look like prices are falling. The ones that were in the middle will probably keep selling at that range for a while.

I'd hold off any predictions until after Obama's next press conference this week. He's supposed to outline some gun control proposals based on Biden's meetings. We might see another round of price spikes depending on what he says. If Obama is willing to give ground on healthcare and financial issues it could get ugly. The on-the-fence Republicans might just be talking tough to get the best deal out of negotiations.

:tinfoil3: <-- I should just put him in my sig, lol

Nah. There won't be any horse trading between healthcare and gun control, or with the debt ceiling either. GC is a stand alone issue. Biden was appointed to give him platform for 2016. What might affect the market are executive orders. If he has authority to unilaterally ban imports, you'd see a spike. BUT that would give domestic manufacturing a boost :)!! We could use more factories and jobs here in the good old,USA.

Nah. There won't be any horse trading between healthcare and gun control, or with the debt ceiling either. GC is a stand alone issue. Biden was appointed to give him platform for 2016. What might affect the market are executive orders. If he has authority to unilaterally ban imports, you'd see a spike. BUT that would give domestic manufacturing a boost :)!! We could use more factories and jobs here in the good old,USA.

yes, but with potentially high prices

I am glad to see them coming back down... I have really kicked myself for thinking "I don't want an AK" over the years and now wishing I had one... or two :)
Will be glad to see them within reach soon!:pop2:

this is only second week of new yr...too soon to believe OP is true. December bills are rotating so you will see price increases and last week of Jan and the 1st week of month of february.its to soon for short lived observation and data to be true.

I am glad to see them coming back down... I have really kicked myself for thinking "I don't want an AK" over the years and now wishing I had one... or two :)
Will be glad to see them within reach soon!:pop2:

High quality AK at msrp at K-Var website and RRC firearms website - in stock. Also, inventory coming in from Vegas Shot show new models in next few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom