• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Pricing information selling a vehicle

Looks like the bank is the next step. Getting it detailed Friday, then onto CL (shudder), and autotrader. I hate selling !

another thing to check is give CarMax a call. I know they will have a bit lower offer, but my mother was selling her Jeep and I was very surprised at the amount that they offered her, and she accepted because IMHO it was only about $500-1k less than I thought she could get on the open market and no hassles, meeting shady buyers, etc. You don't have to buy a car from them they will just buy your car, but it's worth a call to know what their offer is so you have something to base your sales price on.

other than that, put it out there a bit high. If it's too high you won't get any "normal" offers (you will always get the crazy low ball offers on CL). Lower it and see if you get bites. Keep going till you sell it or you reach a price you want to just keep it. I think there are some on here that could take that as a clue when selling guns as well. :)

I'm about to get rid of my 2006 Dodge 2500 mega cab, diesel,4x4, sunroof, loaded with options, original owner, mechanic maintained. The truck runs like a dream. I have no idea what to ask because of all the reasons you stated. Mine is not comparable because of how well I've kept it mechanically and never abused it in any way. I might just keep it, but I'm not using it. I just don't want to give it away.

Let me know what you're thinking, I might be really interested in this truck.

Well, a member here works in finance at a credit union, so I priced it 1k under what they'd be prepared to finance and we'll see ! I suspect I'll be reducing the price a bit in a few days as I would like to move it.

Well, a member here works in finance at a credit union, so I priced it 1k under what they'd be prepared to finance and we'll see ! I suspect I'll be reducing the price a bit in a few days as I would like to move it.

I brought it by carmax, they offered me 11k. I advertised it at 16k and people were banging down my door to buy it.

Reactions: JHW
I brought it by carmax, they offered me 11k. I advertised it at 16k and people were banging down my door to buy it.
I guess it's trucks that are selling right now not cars. Got a 2012 Altima up for $7,500, not a peep or even a low ball offer. Carmax offered $6,000 - may just end up taking it because it's easy.

I guess it's trucks that are selling right now not cars. Got a 2012 Altima up for $7,500, not a peep or even a low ball offer. Carmax offered $6,000 - may just end up taking it because it's easy.

I looked at that, seems great value. No one's bought my truck, so you can still beat me to cash in the bank.

I looked at that, seems great value. No one's bought my truck, so you can still beat me to cash in the bank.
You shouldn't have to much issue selling, from your detail thread it looks in good shape. I'm looking for a F150.. . But more in the 2001-2003 Supercrew 4x4 style/range . . . Good luck with yours!

Back
Top Bottom