• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Prime rib dinner at Nitrousfedlx's house

Smart man, you avoided a potential salmonella outbreak for sure!!
:doh:You mean passed on the best rare cut!
2DD2F0A5-BFED-4330-B2BF-857B0D6EC298.gif

Share the recipe please and thank you

My brother used olive oil and Montreal Steak seasoning for 24 hours, then he used @napp's cooking method of preheating the oven to 500° and then put the rib roast in for 5 minutes per pound, then shut off the oven for 2 hours.

We might adjust this a smidge next time. Was very slightly under cooked for my taste, but it didn't miss it by very much at all. Flavor was outstanding.

nitrousfedlx nitrousfedlx Did I miss anything?

Edit: No olive oil, just seasoning.

My brother used olive oil and Montreal Steak seasoning for 24 hours, then he used @napp's cooking method of preheating the oven to 500° and then put the rib roast in for 5 minutes per pound, then shut off the oven for 2 hours.

We might adjust this a smidge next time. Was very slightly under cooked for my taste, but it didn't miss it by very much at all. Flavor was outstanding.

nitrousfedlx nitrousfedlx Did I miss anything?
No, that's it dude! Actually I didn't rub it with olive oil. Lol. I just took it out of the package and put it in a bowl and sprinkled Montreal steak seasoning all over it. Fairly heavy because such a big piece of meat can use the flavor. Then wrapped it tightly with saran wrap and in a zip lock bag. Put it in the fridge overnight and I took it out about 30 minutes before it went into the oven.

No and actually I didn't rub it with olive oil. Lol. I just took it out of the package and put it in a bowl and sprinkled Montreal steak seasoning all over it. Fairly heavy because such a big piece of meat can use the flavor. Then wrapped it tightly with saran wrap and in a zip lock bag. Put it in the fridge overnight and I took it out about 30 minutes before it went into the oven.

Aha! Glad I asked for clarification! We'll have to double the heat and the time if Spikey Spikey ever eats with us! Lmao!

Back
Top Bottom