• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

primer go/no go gauges?

I went ahead and ordered their gauges for primer and neck tension. figured these will make setup of Swager and dies easier.

came in today, well packaged and quickly. I gave a few of my swaged cases a check and was able to make a small adjustment and they worked great. I haven't tried the neck tension but the primer pocket gauges are excellent.

Basically there are two ends, looks like a burly primer pocket cleaner. one end is the "go" gauge. On this one there's a straight slot. if it fits in snug you are good to go. Depth can be checked by the slot (slight difference in pistol and rifle large primer depths, but has info on both). The other end is the "no go" and if it fits in snug you might get a firing or two out of it, but it's just about at max. if it doesn't fit in, you are good to go.

I also got the neck tension gauges and three of the little delrin balls to put in my Dillon press to try to keep the detent from station to station when you rotate the arms from snapping into place quite as forcefully. When filling cases pretty close to the top it'll spill a bit when you rotate the arms. 24gr Varget in a 223 case will spill if you aren't careful. Figure I'd try this before I spring for their bearing kit.

anyway thumbs up on it and happy customer.

Back
Top Bottom