• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Primer/powder hazmat group buy

rbstern

Hen of Fame Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
115   0
Reaction score
A couple of years ago, I ran a small group buy for a handful of reloaders, to spread the cost of shipping and hazmat. I set up an e-mailing list for us to communicate by. We worked out order details of who wanted how much. I provided pricing and final payment amounts via spreadsheet. I collected the money, placed the order, and we did meet/pickup in the Gwinnett Bass Pro parking lot. Worked out well and we all saved a few bucks.

Now that primers are back in stock at a few reloading suppliers, I'm thinking of doing so again. Anyone interested?

I was thinking about that last night. I'm in. Where did you purchase your last batch from? I know Grafs has great prices and super cheap shipping but they are out of stock on many of their primers. Their powder inventory is good and getting better every day.

Glad to have you aboard. Last time, I ordered from Powder Valley, based on primer availability at the time. Pricing between them, Grafs, and Wideners was pretty close. I have a Grafs "dealer" account because of my FFL03, so the pricing is pretty good. I'd prefer to order from Grafs this time, as they have Berdan primers, which haven't been seen 'round in these parts since...maybe the last the ice age?

I just checked, Grafs has a good supply of Wolf primers and Tula primers, some CCI, some Rem, some Fed, depending on the size and type. Rifle primers seem to have a pretty good selection. Pistiol primers, it's mostly the Russian stuff and some magnum or specialty primers. Personally, I am completely satisfied with Wolf and don't hesitate to use them. I'm loading them in 9mm and 38 special these days, and haven't had any failures after nearly 1K rounds.

Let's wait a few days to let others see this thread, and then I'll set up an emailing list so we can communicate specifics.

Grafs has small rifle primers for $110 a case of 5000. If OP and I were the only ones to order and split the hazmat and shipping cost cost by 2 that would be less then $25 per 1000 on the primers. If you can find that at any shop or show around here let me know where. That price would go down if a few more join in. I know there are some .223 loaders out there that could use a few 1000.

I'm going to post a link in the general discussion forum, to see if we can find a couple more takers. If not, and it's just the three of us, that's ok with me if it's ok with you two.

I"m interested in some powder. BTW I know that Dixie ammo dump (off I-85 in Hoscoton or however that's spelled, highway 53) has Wolf primers for about $28/1k. they had a ton of them last time I was there and bought a couple of thousand of SR. good for plinking stuff.

let me know what/when you decide to order some stuff. Might want some primers as well, but have a decent supply for now, but for the right price i'm always interested. :)

Back
Top Bottom