• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Primers

f250superduty

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
208   0
Reaction score
I went to bass pro to get some 300 blackout dies today. I was told they were out. I ask about small rifle primers and he said they we’re about 4.25 a hundred. I ask about a thousand and he said he would scan them. It was 62.00. I said no thanks and went to another place in garden city and got the same ones for 39.00. Thea must be going up in the big stores

They're generally sold out at all the online retailers that I usually buy from (Powder Valley, Graf's, etc.). Not a good time to be looking for reloading components!

in times of inflation and economic distortion, many retailers "price forward" items they normally sell that are in high demand because it is uncertain what it will cost to replace that stock-item.
On ODT that's defined as "gouging." LOL.

Bass Pro is never a first pick for reloading supplies. If you really need it and you are there you can look the item up at academy sports and they will price match it. Academy is much lower priced on many reloading components like primers and powder but still is not my first choice. PNR in Buford is usually my first choice to check with.

If you are new to the 300BLK reloading, take your time. It can present unexpected problems.

I have reloaded a lot of ammo, but was surprised.

I have been using Full Length Hornady Dies with the same lube procedure that I use for 223. I have had several 300Blk rims partially torn off while resizing, leaving the case stuck in the die. This happens most with Sig Nickel Plated Brass, but also with range pickup 300BLK of all makes. Since I am shooting a bolt gun, I just ordered the Lee Collet Neck sizing die, in the hope of never dealing with a stuck case again. Yesterday, I polished the inside of the Hornady FL sizer to help reduce stuck case issues for the times I still need to use it.

I have quite a bit of Bolt Action Data using the Ruger American Ranch Rifle, the 150 grain Berry Bullet Intended for 30-30. It is in:https://theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/300-blk-reloading-adventure.1859140/

Back
Top Bottom