• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Primers

Y'all see how Gavin on Ultimate Reloader made a video about this subject.. My dumba$$ thought for some reason he might have a solution.
"Check out your backwood stores, and treat others as you would like to be treated.."
Well I also seen a Garand Thumb video the other day, and in it he was throwing a Glock 19 at a rock! This keeps up until next spring that's what I might have to do, but it won't be because I'm outta primers! When the SPP dry up, I'll move on to the SRP's.. and at some point in there I'm sure I'll find some more.. I can't wait for the Great Sell off of 2022-2023! Pay $500/5k for primers now, or somebody's $2k reloading setup then.

if you don't have primers now you are not going to get any at the normal two months ago price. no small pistol primers to be found. same with small rifle primers. i went to sportsman warehouse in chattanooga last week and they had 1k of small pistol primers for the normal price. what i am seeing in some stores is when they get primers in they are upping the price. i.e. large rifle primers were $26.99 are now $35.99 for 1k. went into a store in rome and they had large rifle primers, but their prices was very high for primers and powder. shame on them for acting like cheaper than dirt.

this will pass. the great 22 ammo shortage passed. just remember,,,,buy it cheap and stack it deep.

I thought the .22 shortage had something to do with Obama/Dems & the EPA shutting down Doe Run back in 2013..

Snopes says No..
Doe Run Lead Plant Shut Down to Effect ‘Back Door Gun Control’

These two New American articles say the opposite..

EPA Shutting Down Last-standing U.S. Primary Lead Smelter
EPA Closure of Last Lead Smelting Plant to Impact Ammunition Production

Freedom Outpost 2013
What the Media is Not Telling You About Future Lead Ammo Shortages

It is a lot of reading, and I know they are a little older.. but the primer shortage and the mention of the .22 shortage got me thinking.. Back in Oct. `19 There was a 30% tariff across the board on all Chinese metals.. Then Trump lowered it to 25% on most goods and some Metals such as Aluminum only have a 10% Duty fee near the end of January `20.. Next to Battery production, Ammunition/Bullets is the second highest use of Recycled American Lead. So I see a another bottle neck coming down the road. I also find it kind of odd that Ammo prices went up at the beginning of the year after the 30% tariffs had already been in affect.. Like maybe they were working of stockpiles of American Lead and ammunition before paying more for imported lead. Or it could just be because we are nearing the election and the Dollar is falling..

I hope Primers don't get caught back due to a shortage of lead in 6 months..

Bruno shooters supply has Winchester Large Rifle MATCH primers in stock. Not old price cheap, but still good enough to order some @ $45/1000. Hopefully a heads up to people who need them and not those wanting to flip on gunbroker.

I thought the .22 shortage had something to do with Obama/Dems & the EPA shutting down Doe Run back in 2013..

Snopes says No..
Doe Run Lead Plant Shut Down to Effect ‘Back Door Gun Control’

These two New American articles say the opposite..

EPA Shutting Down Last-standing U.S. Primary Lead Smelter
EPA Closure of Last Lead Smelting Plant to Impact Ammunition Production

Freedom Outpost 2013
What the Media is Not Telling You About Future Lead Ammo Shortages

It is a lot of reading, and I know they are a little older.. but the primer shortage and the mention of the .22 shortage got me thinking.. Back in Oct. `19 There was a 30% tariff across the board on all Chinese metals.. Then Trump lowered it to 25% on most goods and some Metals such as Aluminum only have a 10% Duty fee near the end of January `20.. Next to Battery production, Ammunition/Bullets is the second highest use of Recycled American Lead. So I see a another bottle neck coming down the road. I also find it kind of odd that Ammo prices went up at the beginning of the year after the 30% tariffs had already been in affect.. Like maybe they were working of stockpiles of American Lead and ammunition before paying more for imported lead. Or it could just be because we are nearing the election and the Dollar is falling..

I hope Primers don't get caught back due to a shortage of lead in 6 months..

SNOPES has been outed as not being truthful and straight up shill for one side of the political aisle

Back
Top Bottom