• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Primers

1911tillidie

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
29   0
Reaction score
New to reloading and trying to get started but unable to find large rifle or large rifle magnum primers. Any advice or stores I can be pointed to to find these. Any and all help would be appreciated.

Ive been loading for almost 10 years. I have only seen primers in a store once. I would go to all of the online suppliers and fill in their notify me when available forms for each product. When they become available stock up.

New to reloading and trying to get started but unable to find large rifle or large rifle magnum primers. Any advice or stores I can be pointed to to find these. Any and all help would be appreciated.
Keep a good Lookout on Academy Sports Website. I was able to score some small rifle primers for $5 per hundred. If you look long enough you should be able to find some large primers as well. I'm in the same boat as you are I've been able to collect another small rifle primers to keep me reloading 223 rounds but I am still perplexed at the unavailability of large rifle primers. They are like a Bigfoot sighting these days. They just simply aren't there. But the best thing about the Academy Sports deal if you can find them is you can order the parts and they will pull them and hold them for you. Then you can request the curbside service and they'll bring them right out to you when you get there. I had my sister go to the one in Conyers and pick me up 500 small rifle primers and brought them up to me when she came up to visit so I was lucky in that aspect. Large rifle primers on the other hand are a whole different story. I've been scanning the internet parts suppliers for months and months and I still haven't been able to find large rifle primers. They are very, very, very hard to find!

When I started 2 years ago I couldn't find powder, primers, and very little brass or bullets for the calibers I wanted. Got the initial powders and primers from ODT members, paid what they asked and also got some really good info and guidance. But do go to the websites for reloading supplies and put in a notify me when they are in stock. Since that time I have bought a couple K of both large and small rifle primers from them.

Midway, Powder Valley, Natchez, Brownells, Midsouth, Wideners - be warned that the notify emails for me come in the middle of the night so check first thing in the AM

and if you need a few (couple hundred or so) to get started and feel like a stockbridge road trip then pm me.
You pm me a price and I'm definitely not against driving to Stockbridge I'm just over in Barnesville.

I've looked on academy but still no luck there I've even went in store and found pistol primers in Macon but not rifle.

Wealth of knowledge being spread here I really appreciate it

I've pretty much quit shooting anything that needs large or large magnum primers. Buy with cash F2F or CC for online purchases. If some business doesn't take CC it's a fraud.

Back
Top Bottom