• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Private Car Sellers that are actually Sleezy Dealers here on the ODT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently getting a dealer license in Georgia has a REALLY low bar. I had a car lot in Florida years ago and the license was difficult to get and keep. The DMV guy would randomly drop by at least once a month just to make sure our paperwork was in order.
Hell, I should get me a dealer tag and not worry about registering any of my vehicles ever again...

Same with ass bag Realtors on here.
Realtors are required to disclose their status as a licensed seller in addition to other requirements for ads. You can report them to GREC for violating Real Estate law if you know of one. This only applies to the offer for sale of real estate. I have seen several ads on here for land, but never a disclosure of it being an agent, such as myself.

tenor (2).gif

I went to look at a car once and the guy kept mentioning it's carfax report showed nothing, handed it to me when I got there.

That car had very obviously been through a flood. He had re-coated the engine bay but the buckles were rusted. Went to sit in the seat and almost fell backwards. "Oh that just needs a bolt!", He proclaimed. Still took it for a drive and am so glad I didn't pull out in front of anybody. A 4.6 litre v8 that couldn't even lay a wheel in a hard turn. Just sputtered along.

I was hard up for a car many years ago, right about this time of year--the worst time to buy a car bc everyone is getting tax returns back. I test drove a Thunderbird...super quiet at idle, but as soon as I pulled out and gave it some gas, you hear that dead cylinder...I sure hate it for whoever bought it bc the salesman didn't flinch when I told him it had a bad motor. "I'll sell it this weekend for $2500, NO PROBLEM!"

First seller.....Tells me to meet him at Racetrack. He shows up late. Comes out from the car the RED DEALER tag. Im thinking hmmm....typical used car guy. Sleeze bags or Ass Bags I call them. Of course I ask are there any issues with vehicle and the response was no. After sitting there for 4 or 5 mins I look underneath and its leaking fluids.

Second seller...Tells me to meet him in a shopping area. Im thinking this cant be another Dealer can it??? Sure enough he pops out with the same Red Dealer Tag. But this one gave me a wrong address first. He tells me 4403 but he is at 4401 waving his hand like I went to the wrong spot. Same question...any issues with the vehicle. NO. But it needed AC work and he couldnt tell me if the timing belt had been changed.

ODT needs to confirm if these are Ass Bags dealers or true Private Sellers. With all the rules that is left up to interpretation by each mod they should at least have these Ass Bags inform us that they are car dealers that show up here with lemons they just paid 800 bucks for at car auctions.

The first seller said to me "I have a reputation to keep up on the ODT" so I will get it fixed, the leak, right away. He called me late the next day and said it is fixed but I am going to have to charge you 425 more. I said, sounds fair and told him to meet me same race track and I said to him let me see your Auction invoice showing how much you paid for the vehicle. He said what is that suppose to mean and I said I know its an Auction Vehicle and I am willing to pay you $500 over the Auction Invoice. He shook his head and left. The racetrack is only 5 mins from my house so I didnt care.....Ha!

I will going forward...or til I find a car for my 16 year old. Now I know what my Dad went thru when he bought my car when I was about to turn 16. I miss him......
That first car for your kid is a challenge indeed. You want a tank to protect them at a cheap enough price that it doesn’t break you financially with the bumps and bruises they seem to bring home with them. You want it to be fast enough to get out of the way of other idiot drivers but not fast enough to get into trouble. Thinking back...I’m glad I don’t have anymore 16 year olds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom