• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Private Car Sellers that are actually Sleezy Dealers here on the ODT

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't even trust a Dealer, my wife was going to buy a new Car several years ago, as the guy was writing up the car he was adding up the options to be added to it, as they were sitting there I was reading the Vehicle Brochures and he was charging her for parts that came standard on the Vehicle, plus the Vehicle was being sold with $2000 off MSRP, he was also adding the 2000 to the top of the MSRP then deducting it. She would have been paying for Standard parts plus $2000 added to the cost of $4200 over what the car was advertised . I pointed that out, she tore up the paper work and walked out, she even stole their ink pen LOL .. She learned her lesson, now she haggles over price like an Arab Camel Driver..

Was she sober?

I've met and know of so many people that have dealers licenses. Some just to make money on the side, many just so the could go to auction and cut out the middle man. I don't know if you even have to take a test. Probably just pay a fee.

I was thinking about going to an auction , I drove by a place on Hwy 41 in Emerson but I was in a hurry to get home , soooo . I wondering if you know if I need a Dealer License to buy a car at auction ?

Thanks

I was thinking about going to an auction , I drove by a place on Hwy 41 in Emerson but I was in a hurry to get home , soooo . I wondering if you know if I need a Dealer License to buy a car at auction ?

Thanks

There is one in Bogart Georgia every week, and no dealer license is needed.

Thanks

I know the one your thinking of. Pretty sure majority of their auctions are dealer only. That's just second hand what I've been told.

012.jpg
I have bought three different cars from Carvana without a hitch. THE good thing is you have some days to give it back or get another one. This is the last one I bought. 2019 VW Jetta GLI

I will second this...

I just bought a turbo mini cooper from Carvana. It was a very simple and pleasant experience.

Did the same thing with my Mini. Picked out the car online. Went to Carvana. Drove it. Signed some paper work and went home. About 30 minutes in total.

Attachments

• E2B536A7-68BD-4980-8CAD-239D19885813.jpeg
    E2B536A7-68BD-4980-8CAD-239D19885813.jpeg
    47.3 KB · Views: 23
Craigslist and most of the car selling formats are loaded with the "clandestine dealers" as I call them. They are also know as scum bags.

i just assume that any car for sale on CL or FB is a dealer. And most of them are lying SOBs. I mean beyond the norm for car dealers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom