• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Private Entity Leasing Government Property

The problem is if I rent a property from you as long as it isn't ileagal I pretty much get to enjoy ownership rights..

I really don't like what happened in that case.. But if you buy/rent you are paying for your freedom to choose.. If you rented a house from me would you want me to say no forearms allowed?
Absolutely. I wouldn't rent from you because of it, but it's your property so your rules.

Land is either owned by the public (state, city, etc.) or it's private property. You can't have it both ways.

And as far as I know, the Atlanta Botanical Gardens do not have the ability to create law around the use of public land. If they did then certainly any city or town would be able to as well, and the state specifically bars that with the preemption law.

The way I see it, if they want to take this stand, they will need to buy the land from the city so it becomes private property.

It sucks that this will have to be appealed, but it's probably not a surprise.

This is the way I see it as well due to state preemption law. If they own the land their rules if the public does then state rules not both.

It's that leftist anti-Gun bias coming out that allows an educated idiot in a robe to ignore basic principle in order to allow minor issues form the basis of their "opinion".

The ends justifies the means crowd.

Reactions: BHJ
Absolutely. I wouldn't rent from you because of it, but it's your property so your rules.

Private property to private property not the same as public leased to private.

Want see some clarity of thought. Rent some space on school grounds and have an open carry meet and greet. The court's opinion will do an about face.

Private property to private property not the same as public leased to private.

Want see some clarity of thought. Rent some space on school grounds and have an open carry meet and greet. The court's opinion will do an about face.

You are 100% correct...

But if I take long term rental (no longer being a school) then we can do it...

This is the way I see it as well due to state preemption law. If they own the land their rules if the public does then state rules not both.

It's that leftist anti-Gun bias coming out that allows an educated idiot in a robe to ignore basic principle in order to allow minor issues form the basis of their "opinion".

The ends justifies the means crowd.
Please clarify Preemption

the only way to fix is it BLM style. and no one on our side wants to give their time.
to change this we need to go to the garden, stand at the entrance with signs and our weapons (holstered). we need to disrupt their business (politely no burning cars). until we can organize some sort of resistance, they will continue to take larger pieces of ground...

it seems a lot of people, even on here are live and let live. thats all fine and good, but its getting to the place that its live and let take.

We have jobs..

BLM have time..

That's why this won't work..

Heads up.

This issue is already headed to the Ga. Supreme Court with regard to public hospitals leased to private operating companies.

This case needs to be monitored because an adverse decision (on non-decision) will have adverse consequences for the garden case.

The missing piece is "representation"
Yes, it is the people's land.
The people's representation has leased the land.
Any restrictions or payment is done by the representation.
The issue is with them.

Back
Top Bottom