• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Private message concern

i could be wrong. but if a user is identified as a scammer/alternate account and is deleted by the mod staff all his/her posts and pms are also deleted.

When it's done using the spam cleaner tool that's how it works. Doesn't work that way if a user is just banned.

Be nice if the system could be set up to notify the rest of us when a scumbag has been canned. What about it mods.?

Nope.

Looks like I got took by vbrass1 today. Sent money to tom in Kentucky via PayPal. I sent it goods and services. Am I boned or do y’all think I can get my money back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much did you send?

He was selling the pistol for $550 and wanted me to send it “friends and family” I told him I wasn’t comfortable with that so I sent $566.50 to cover the PayPal fees and sent it goods and services. I feel like an idiot. Never got scammed before. I’m usually smarter than this.

Sorry man, that sucks, and I'm afraid you won't get any help from Paypal.

Man I hope that’s not the case. I filed a claim and just said I sent money to a know scammer and didn’t find out until I heard from other people he had scammed. Really can afford to lose almost $600.

He was selling the pistol for $550 and wanted me to send it “friends and family” I told him I wasn’t comfortable with that so I sent $566.50 to cover the PayPal fees and sent it goods and services. I feel like an idiot. Never got scammed before. I’m usually smarter than this.

Dang man that sucks. I would contact paypal, but to be honest I doubt they will be willing to help. I would definitely not mention anything about a gun to paypal though

Back
Top Bottom