• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Private Sale Stolen Gun

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the world coming to when an honest man can't take possession of a stolen gun ?
honestly, if the guy doesn't have a history of crime or violence shouldn't his reputation speak for him ?
If I were on the jury I'd definitely look at his criminal record as a way to guage his character.

Sounds good when you say it fast.....butthen, everyone has a FIRST time

This is why i always get a bill of sale!!!!!!!

i0.kym_cdn.com_photos_images_original_000_217_888_HqRtz.jpg

A bos sale with ie. I John Smith sell a S&W 357 ser xxxxxx to John doe...is absolutely worth nothing..in that you are correct. BUT,
A bos with I John Smith, Ga. D.L. xxxxxxxxxxBartow County GWL lic xxxxxxxx sell a SS&W 357 ser xxxxxxxx tow County GWL to John Doe, Ga. D.L.xxxxxxxxxx Barounty issued GWL xxxxxxxxxxxx on May 1, 2010 will definitely help you .
I've spent spent over 30 yrs in L.E. and have seen it happen many, many times.

The idea is that information in an investigator's hand can identify the seller and corroborate your statement and keep you f from ending up in front of that jury as a defendant 95 + % of the time.
The other 5% of the time, it can be tendered into evidence to support your defense and the jury can place whatever evidentiary value it deems appropriate. It does not have to be notarized to be admissible...
I've been in courtrooms and trials and investigations thousands of times . I didn't pull this out of my hat, it's from the real world, not tv, not internet and not my opinion or what I think should or should not be.

If you end up as a defendant in a case, if you don't have several witnesses or if it isn't written done IT DID NOT HAPPEN.

I'm still not arguing for or against, it is the individual's decision but at least lets not use our TV/internet blogs and forums legal educations to give ill advice that someone else may have to suffer for.

A bos sale with ie. I John Smith sell a S&W 357 ser xxxxxx to John doe...is absolutely worth nothing..in that you are correct. BUT,
A bos with I John Smith, Ga. D.L. xxxxxxxxxxBartow County GWL lic xxxxxxxx sell a SS&W 357 ser xxxxxxxx tow County GWL to John Doe, Ga. D.L.xxxxxxxxxx Barounty issued GWL xxxxxxxxxxxx on May 1, 2010 will definitely help you .

The idea is that information in an investigator's hand can identify the seller and corroborate your statement and keep you f from ending up in front of that jury as a defendant 95 + % of the time.
The other 5% of the time, it can be tendered into evidence to support your defense and the jury can place whatever evidentiary value it deems appropriate. It does not have to be notarized to be admissible...
I've been in courtrooms and trials and investigations thousands of times . I didn't pull this out of my hat, it's from the real world, not tv, not internet and not my opinion or what I think should or should not be.

If you end up as a defendant in a case, if you don't have several witnesses or if it isn't written done IT DID NOT HAPPEN.

I'm still not arguing for or against, it is the individual's decision but at least lets not use our TV/internet blogs and forums legal educations to give ill advice that someone else may have to suffer for.

I think you may have trouble getting all of that information from a buyer on here.

I think you may have trouble getting all of that information from a buyer on here.

That's fine..like I said I'm not advocating one way or the other..just trying to put real world info out for those that want it. I've always said its up to the parties involved , each buyer and seller have their own concerns and issues and should make their own decisions.

And wouldn't you say email correspondance of said gun purchase and forum postings of selling said gun would also be just as good if not better than a bos in proving that you did buy that gun, regardless of if LE can identify the seller or not.

It's harder to forge emails and forum posting than abos, I think.

Sorry, but the last thing I want is 100 slips of paper in mime and several different peoples possession. Georgia is a no register and your little receipt only makes me and you look like an unauthorized dealer. Paper trails can possibly save your ass, but they also pose the risk of hosing you in court. I keep a folder on my computer that lists pictures, description serial numbers and the Guy I got it from or the Guy I gave it to. No sales amounts, signatures etc.... just the contact info of the user before or after me. If one comes up stolen and is either in my possession or tracked to me, I can track it back and forward a member. Sorry, but I tend do do a lot of trading from time to time, and the absolute last thing I want are multiple strangers with my personal info. Sorry, but there's quite a few ways you can hurt someone's identity with a drivers license no and address should it fall into the wrong hands. An electronic trail is preferred. However, should I purchase from an individual off site, ill do my own reciept with name and description of seller, location of transaction, along with time and date. Just enough to say where I got it from

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom