• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Private Sale Stolen Gun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wish that worked all the time..I bought one, sent his feedback next day waited a week , no feedback, sent a PM requesting and I'm still waiting ..been three or four months now.

Give them some bad feedback and you'll hear right away.

The officer has some latitude and discretion as to whether he wants to rack up charges against the unsuspecting buyer. I once purchased an engine that I found was stolen after purchasing and bringing it to the machine shop. The police dept came and confiscated it from me - but NEVER - threatened me with charges. In fact, were apologizing for having to take it. They knew I was just another victim.

Don't know if we don't have the whole story or if the LEO was having a bad day...

Last edited:
The officer has some latitude and discretion as to whether he wants to rack up charges against the unsuspecting buyer. I once purchased and engine that I found was stolen after purchasing and bringing it to the machine shop. The police dept came and confiscated it from me - but NEVER - threatened me with charges. In fact, were apologizing for having to take it. They knew I was just another victim.

Don't know if we don't have the whole story or if the LEO was having a bad day...
This what I want answers to but the OP has been mysteriously silent about it...I'm almost positive we aren't getting the full story.

This what I want answers to but the OP has been mysteriously silent about it...I'm almost positive we aren't getting the full story.

yep yep

We've assumed the OPs friend was the victim here...I really hope that's the case......but (ya'll knew that was coming)
if I knew or had a real good idea I had bought a stolen weapon and ended up getting caught with it, I can't think of a better story that "I got it from some random dude at a gun show in a private sale"

Last edited:
yep yep

We've assumed the OPs friend was the victim here...I really hope that's the case......but (ya'll knew that was coming)
if I knew or had a real good idea I had bought a stolen weapon and ended up getting caught with it, I can't think of a better story that "I got it from some random dude at a gun show in a private sale"

Yup. :nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom