• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Probable cause when a firearm is in the car

sovietak474u

Default rank 5000+ posts
My honor is loyalty
380   0
Reaction score
Do the police have probable cause to search my car just because there is a firearm in it?

I just hit a road block. The cop was rather nice at first . Then he asked to search my car. I told him politely "no". He then proceeded to ask if I had a gun in the car . Yes of course . He then had me step out . So I did. He then asked where the gun was. I told him, in the passenger seat. He grabs it and then proceeds to search around some more. That's when I stopped him and told him , I did not approve the searching of my vehicle. He went on and on about how he is getting the gun for his safety and mine.

After me telling him I did not approve of a farther search... He stopped. He cleared my gun, ran it and then told me to sit back in my car. Minutes later he gave me my gun back and told me to have a nice night.

My question is did he have the right to search my vehicle more thoroughly ?

No. That man needs a warrant to search your car " by law" in return if you piss then off they could have kept you out there all night till a warrant is delivered

No, he did not have a the right to do any of that. Sadly if you want to do anything about it you will need to pay a lawyer about 20k which is funny since they are the sorry bastards who wrote to laws to begin with.

The correct answer to do you have any weapons in this car is, " I have nothing illegal in my vehicle officer, am I free to go?"

You need to call his supervisor, and file a complaint. That is bull ****. The 4th amendment is still alive for the time being.

sound shaddy to me, i was pulled over once by a "cop"
with blood shot eyes, sleeve rolled up with tattoos on his forearm. unmarked crown vic so...

Back
Top Bottom